What this hotel lacks in location and convenience, it compensates with attentive and responsive service, clean rooms, and complimentary WiFi! Always a deal in my eyes.
The hotel is about 20 minute walk from Dam Square and a 15 minute ride via public transportation. The tram station is about a 5 minute walk across. Since I haven't been to Amsterdam before, I wasn't too familiar with commuting in the area so it took me a couple of days to really figure out the tricks of commuting. Next time, I'll need to borrow the concierge's service more.
Our room was a standard European size. Not too large, but just enough room to place a few items around and not feel congested. It was very clean and the decor was modern. Our room faced the water so the view was very pleasant.
Checking in and out of the hotel was efficient. The front desk was always very attentive, efficient, and responsive to any needs or questions I had. They were really friendly and professional during my entire stay.
It was definitely a pleasant stay and I got it at a good value at the time. Would definitely consider it again, but I may also look into some more centralized locations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center. With a prime location in the city of Amsterdam, this elegant hotel is the ideal venue for your executive travel, meeting and conferences or private ventures in matters of art and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, EasyToBook, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Amsterdam
- Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam