Just returned from a short break staying in this hotel for 3 nights. As mentioned in previous reviews the hotel is not right in the centre but we did not find a problem with this as it is just 1 tram stop to central station where you can either walk or pick up another tram to take you to other areas in Amsterdam ( the tram stop is right opposite the entrance , tram 26 ).
The room had a excellent view with the cruise ships pulling in directly next to the hotel ( 12th floor ).The beds were the comfiest beds we have had in a hotel , the room was lovely with a nice bathroom ,comfy sofa ,good hairdryer ,TV ,ironing board/iron and a kettle tea & coffee facilities.
We didn't have the breakfast option but if you get the tram to central station and go into the tourist information office there is a café downstairs that did a lovely breakfast of fried egg,,
cheese ,ham , bread butter ,jam and a raison roll for 6.50 Euros. We did have a drink in the silk bar 1 afternoon and received excellent friendly service from the barman.
If we came to Amsterdam again I would not hesitate to stay at the Movenpick again and would recommend to friends .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center. With a prime location in the city of Amsterdam, this elegant hotel is the ideal venue for your executive travel, meeting and conferences or private ventures in matters of art and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, Otel, getaroom.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Amsterdam
- Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam