You only need walk two minutes to enter the cruise terminal. And, across the street you can board the tram transport system. The central station is the first stop on the tram. You can easily walk to the city highlights from central station. But, be prepared to pay over $300 per night. Some deals might be available, but do your research. The hotel is professionally run and the staff is generally helpful. The rooms are standard hotel rooms. The hotel is right on the waterway atop the cruise dock. Most rooms have great views. English is widely spoken around the city. Best deal is to buy an unlimited day pass for the tram. The fare 7.5 euros for the day pass. If you use the tram more than three boardings, you will save money. The hotel offers an excellent but pricey morning buffet.
The only close alternative is the subway about a block distant. The hotel accommodated our early checking request at 1pm.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center. With a prime location in the city of Amsterdam, this elegant hotel is the ideal venue for your executive travel, meeting and conferences or private ventures in matters of art and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, Otel, getaroom.com, Agoda, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Amsterdam
- Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam