I have chosen to stay at Movenpick because of its good reviews. It is located in a beautiful setting, which is a short walk, about 10 minutes away from the central area. As I enjoy walking the distance did not put me off. The scenery from my room was pretty (room 1919). - clean and modern.
Staff were friendly and efficient. Just that one experience I had encountered at the breakfast area/restaurant. There was literally nowhere to sit down. Also the staff were under pressure to provide a good service. It was overlooked, the staff forgot to top up spoons for tea/coffee. The first day of our stay (Sunday), was very much looking forward to having some nice warm egg omelette for breakfast. Had to give it a miss due to long queue. It could get really crowded. I felt it would have been of an effort......as it was very popular among the guests.There was only one cook, which could only cook 2 portions at a time. I think the management should consider adding some extra facilities for this purpose as the hotel receives a huge number of guests/visitors regularly especially on peak seasons. They can extend the space or consider the layout......when queue starts to build up, some of the readily available food were being obstructed.
I had an amazing trip to Amsterdam, had a lovely stay at Movenpick. Just would like to point out, the bath area has no curtain, glass door, is not sufficient enough to stop the water to spray out onto the floor. It can get very wet, slippery and dangerous.
My booking was done through British Airways when I purchased my plane tickets. There was a confusion about the number of nights booked.......really got me upset about it, thinking I had been booked/charged for 3 nights with 1 night stay free, but was not the case. At the Manager's discretion I could stay a few hours ...........my flight was not until 9 PM that same evening. I also would like to say thank you to the staff called Arthur who works at the Room Service Dept, who had been so welcoming and friendly.
We were provided with a shuttle bus to the Central Station on our check out which must be booked in advance. This saved all the hassle of taking the tram with our luggages.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center. With a prime location in the city of Amsterdam, this elegant hotel is the ideal venue for your executive travel, meeting and conferences or private ventures in matters of art and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel, getaroom.com, EasyToBook, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Amsterdam
- Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam