Stayed here with a friend, and read the reviews so knew what to expect. The hotel itself is about 15 mins walk from Centraal Station (which gets you everywhere). They have a shuttle bus which leaves every 30mins or so but you HAVE TO pre-book it a day in advance. Other option is to get the tram across the road from the hotel (you can buy their travelcard / tickets in the hotel gift shop).
Rooms were spacious, had a great view, and the staff were very professional. This is probably more a business hotel in a great location than a touristy type of hotel, but nonetheless very good room.
Friend I went with stayed in a 4* hotel in Dam Square last time and he said this hotel beats the socks off the other hotel he stayed in.
If you can live with the 15 min (mid-paced walker), distance to the station or willing to get a shuttle to station to get anywhere, this is a perfect hotel. I'd most likely stay here again.
Also used the gym too which was modern and compact.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center. With a prime location in the city of Amsterdam, this elegant hotel is the ideal venue for your executive travel, meeting and conferences or private ventures in matters of art and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Venere, Otel, getaroom.com, EasyToBook, BookingOdigeoWL and Agoda so you can book your Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Amsterdam
- Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam