We booked 2 nights at the Movenpick before joining the Celebrity Constellation bound for the Norwegian Fjords. The ship was berthed right next to the hotel, the cruise port was next door.
The hotel is modern, clean and quiet, the rooms are fairly plain and not particularly large, but absolutely fine for a couple of nights.
The hotel is about 20 minutes walk from the city centre, alternatively the tram to and from Central Station is in front of the hotel, but about 100 yards walk. You can change trams at Central Station for the centre of the city using the same ticket, but it takes only 10 minutes to walk to Dam Square.
The hotel is probably too far from the city centre if you are not joining a cruise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center. With a prime location in the city of Amsterdam, this elegant hotel is the ideal venue for your executive travel, meeting and conferences or private ventures in matters of art and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, EasyToBook, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Amsterdam
- Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam