Moevenpick Amsterdam is located out of the main tourist district of Amsterdam- by tram (no 26), it's about 5 minutes away from the Central station or about a 1km walk.The area around the hotel is quiet- the views of amsterdam is breathtaking.
The hotel advertises itself as a 4 star hotel and it's a good 4 star- the rooms are spacious for european standards and well-insulated to external sounds- the beds comfortable- the room has a nice couch and a very big bathroom with a nice shower powerful shower and good hair-dryer. Coffee-tea amenities provided.
The best thing about this hotel is their strict 'no-smoking' policy hotel-wide and in Amsterdam, it's a good thing as the last hotel i stayed at, the second hand marijuana smoke from the adjoining rooms seeped into my bathroom/room.
Only downside is the check-in and check-out process was a bit slow due to the amount of people coming in and out. The staff however, are friendly and nice.
Will not hesitate to recommend this hotel- despite the distance to the city centre and other tourist attractions, Amsterdam is a small city and easily walkable and the trams system is very efficient and connects well throughout. A great stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center. With a prime location in the city of Amsterdam, this elegant hotel is the ideal venue for your executive travel, meeting and conferences or private ventures in matters of art and culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, getaroom.com, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Amsterdam
- Movenpick Hotel Amsterdam