“Very pleasant indeed!!” 5 of 5 stars

Save up to 30%
Ranked #41 of 345 hotels in Amsterdam
“Very pleasant indeed!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2011 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Clean, modern, friendly staff. Location isn't bad. 10 minute walk in to the centre or 5 minute tram journey.

Rooms are clean, modern and have all the facilities you will need on a short stay (or long stay for that matter!).

Don't get stuck behind a big group of people trying to use the lifts....they won't be able to do it because they won't read the instructions and blame everyone but themselves! Gets busy around check in time - 3pm - try and check in later to avoid a queue.

Would highly recommend for weekend breaks and business trips.

• Stayed November 2011

2,286 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (506)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bonn, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

arrived there late but the recepitionst upgraded our rooms as there is no two standard rooms next to each other.!!And we got the room with great river side view! The port in the morning is really beautiful and calm.Don't miss that!
The location is close to the center and they offer free shuttle bus to the train station(you can also take no 25 to get there, only two stops) but there is no happening around, no restaurant, no night life.Though it is quite close to the train station, we paid 25 euros for taxi back from the center after party..

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Alberta Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

We got lucky with this hotel in Amsterdam. We actually had no idea where it was, but we were able to find it easily from the train station. It is located opposite the Muziekgebow tram stop.We actually were able to walk to the station area . Instead of having a noisy, not so clean hotel, we were able to enjoy a very, very clean hotel, with soundproofed rooms. It is beautifully decorated in contemporary style, with very clean lines. Our room was very comfortable, with great beds. There is free WI-FI everywhere in the hotel. We were almost beside our cruiseship, which made it so easy to walk to. It was nice to be able to get away from the busy, noisy, dirty area where a lot of the other hotels seem to be situated. I would certainly stay there again and would advise our friends to pick that hotel

Prince Albert, SK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

We got this hotel off hotwire.com so got an incredible rate! When we checked in (early check-in which they accomodated no problem) they offered us an upgrade so breakfast would be included, plus mini-bar and access to executive lounge. Was worth it for the price! Don't use the parking right near the hotel - it's very expensive. We used the park and ride feature, it's about a 5-10 minute drive away and you can take the tram right back to the hotel. We purchased a travel card from the gift shop next door, well worth it if you plan to sight-see! There are 2 trams that stop frequently right near the hotel so there aren't any long walks. The room was great! Very nicely done with king size bed, large room and a nice view! Was odd that the bed didn't have one full size blanket but two separate half-blankets. We had breakfast in the restaurant which was very good. We didn't eat supper at the hotel so can't comment on that. Very impressed with the service and quality of this hotel and would definitely recommend it! Get a travel card if staying more than a day - well worth it!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

1t let me say this hotel is great, very comfy beds, excellent amenities and very good service, however it is a 15 minute brisk walk from central station, 25 if you walk at normal pace, there was a bike rental place under the hotel that for €12,50 you could hire a bike for 24 hours which in my opinion is the best way to travel around Amsterdam.

one thing to point out is there is a €50 deposit that no one seems to warn you about, you do get it refunded on the last day, however be aware.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
managerAmsterdam, Manager at Moevenpick Hotel Amsterdam City Center, responded to this review, January 18, 2012
Dear Young Travellers,

Thank you for your positive and honest feedback! Very much appreciated. We are a little out of the way from city centre in Amsterdam and previous and next reviews do mention it, will always do. Possibilities to join the city centre (We are a mere stone's throw from the central station) are numerous and indeed there is nothing more liberating than to discover a city by bike, which is available for hire right underneath our hotel.

On the deposit, I must stay this is a standard practice almost everywhere in the world unless you have brought with you a credit card which we can authorize for possible extras. Many websites do mention it, however I am sorry this came as a surprise to you and hopefully this did not ruin your experience of Amsterdam!

Best regards and looking forward to welcoming you back soon,

The Hotel Manager
manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

The hotel was lovely situated just outside the centre but only took 10-15 minute walk to get there or quick tram ride and lots to see on way. Had a lovely view over the dock and city, room was very clean and staff were brilliant. We ordered breakfast in our room and it was great, not too expensive either. We also ate in the Silk bar which was also good. All the staff were very friendly and helpful we were able to check in early too . The room was so quiet, no noise at all and black out blinds, slept really well. Lots to do in Amsterdam we were here four days and just enough time to get round everything we wanted!

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

The Moevenpick is located along the docks down from the Central Train station. It is a modern new building with all that that entails, such as decent sized rooms and good sound insulation.

My friends were the ones who booked this and I was not sure about the location at the start as I thought it was a little out of the way. However I need not have worried as it was very accessible.

The tram stops outside and is only one stop from the station. The 25 tram goes down near the main street- Spuistraat- so its easy to get into the heart of the old city.
There was also a taxi rank outside which we used at night- it was a tenner to get to the Supperclub and Kantjil from the hotel.

Another review mentions that its an ugly industrial area but I thought it was a nice walk along the waterfront. You can walk through the red light district but this is after the station so not necessary.

All the staff were very courteous and professional. I asked one of the check-in staff to confirm our restaurant booking at Kantjil -I couldn't get through on my mobile -which he promptly did. Very helpful.

I had my own room- I got a good rate from booking through the hotel website. The room was very clean and the bed was really comfortable. The tvs were being changed to flatscreens on my floor- the 16th - the day I arrived. There were several English channels according to my friends- I didnt check this out though.

The bathroom was very clean and the shower was good. There was shower gel and shampoo provided as well as plenty of towels. There was loads of storage space for clothes as well as a safe. The view from my room was lovely too- it helped that it was sunny outside.

We had a drink in the bar when we arrived. The barman was friendly and it was busy when were there. It wasnt that cheap but it was good for a quick drink on the way out.

There were eight of us staying in 5 rooms and everyone really liked the hotel. I think it is a little out of the center but you have to balance this against the building being modern and quiet. I have stayed in Amsterdam twice before and there was a lot of street noise on the weekends. I slept really well here too and never heard any noise from other rooms or the corridor.

There are four lifts and they could be quite busy but I never seemed to wait more than a minute. They were very quick at getting between the lobby and the 16th floor too.

We all arrived at different times but we were all checked in immediately despite all arriving before the 3pm check-in time. One of my friends arrived at 10am and still got into his room straight away.

One odd thing was that I arrived with one of my friends and she was upgraded to the Executive floor with her husband. She said she didnt request this so it seemed a bit arbitrary. I think she had a Nespresso machine in her room. The check-in assistant did comment as she checked her in, saying that they didnt realise we were all together. Strange but nice for my friends.

We were all able to leave our baggage in storage after check-out. We did have the option to keep the room until 6pm for an extra €50.

I would stay here again if I go to Amsterdam as its clean, well-run and good value for money.

Room Tip: I asked for a higher floor just to have a better view and I got what I asked for.