“Not good at all!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Vondelpark, Amsterdam

You added Park Plaza Vondelpark, Amsterdam to your Saves list
Park Plaza Vondelpark, Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Koninginneweg 34-36, 1075 CZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Vondelpark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 20%
Ranked #183 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Salzburg, Austria
“Not good at all!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

We decided to stay in this hotel since reading some information about location, anywhere was stated that it is close to the city center. I believe this was not city center since you need to walk 30 min or more to reach some of main streets and attractions! but there is a tram just in front of the hotel. First impression was wow! reception area is really nice, modern and with perfect details. We entered in the elevator which was literary too small for 2 people with 2 small begs. When we entered the room I was shocked! it was on the roof top, duvet on bed was empty, no any fill inside since in te corners! This was really shamed for hotel as Park Plaza is. After conversation with front desk agents, we got another room in new part of the hotel (luckily even my rate would be 1!) which was really nice, pleasant and big enough.
If I will come back in Amsterdam again, will not go in this hotel definitely!

Room Tip: Ask for new part of the hotel! It is like in separate building downstairs from the front desk
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

This hotel is in a perfect location and by the photos and descriptions on the website I was quite looking forward to the stay. I was given room 046 upon checking in and immediately noticed a quite unpleasant smell from the bathroom. I reported this to the front desk and it seemed they were aware of such a problem but not in that particular room. The gentleman I spoke to (who it later transpired was the manager) blamed the smell on the fact that housekeeping had not done something they should have done to the drains. I was moved to room 046 and immediately went out to explore the area. Upon returning to room 046 the dreaded smell had arrived in this room as well. I was too tired to deal with it so went to bed. First thing the next morning I reported this to reception and was given an upgrade to an Executive room - 015. I think housekeeping had forgotten to finish in this room as the blankets were not properly covering the bed, the Nespresso coffee maker was unplugged and sitting on the floor and there was no coffee or spoons to stir it with. The room itself was not what I would refer to as an upgrade from the first two. It was indeed larger but very dark and depressing and very dated. Fast forward to my final evening when I return back to the hotel and the smell has now appeared in the bathroom of room 015. The next morning I was awake very early (not sure if this was because of the smell) and was out walking through town and had breakfast. When I returned I went to report this smell to the manager. He claimed that the only thing he could offer me in terms of any compensation was a free breakfast (which I declined as I'd already had breakfast) and a refund of the city tax on the room which is 10 Euros - the reason he could not refund more was (according to him) was because I had booked and paid through Expedia! I would avoid this hotel at all costs. Also it claims to be 'near Dam Square' if you call 12 stops away on the tram 'near' then you'll be near! I don't call that 'near'

Room Tip: I can only comment on the rooms in the building adjacent to the main building - but maybe those in t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Munich, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Stayed there at the weekend to go out in amsterdam. The distance to the city is ok there is a tram stop directly in front of the house. Line 2 takes you to the city center. Check in was fast but the staff could at least tell the guests the breakfast times when its included booked. Public areas are nice but the room is in urgent need of a renovation. The carpet looks shabby and worn also the furniture. Even when the minibar is empty you should clean it (picture). The bathroom... (picture)
The room was at least quiet.
Breakfast was great with a huge selection of food and drinks. The hotelbar is also very nice with vondelpark view.
After renovation i would stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

This was our second stay at this hotel, and so I was disappointed that the room offered was smaller than the one we had last time. However, it seemed OK at first. The noise coming from a neighbouring room was reported and dealt with swiftly.
However, there was a smell coming from the drains which was not pleasant. We put this down to stagnant water, and hoped that once we had used the shower and other facilities, the smell would dissipate. It did not, and when we returned to our room after being out all day, the smell was still there, and the bed had not been made. I commented to my husband that this was the first time I had stayed in a hotel without the room being cleaned.
We reported the smell to Reception in the early evening, but nothing was done. When we returned after dinner, we reported it again, and this time someone came and agreed with us that it was really not acceptable. S we ended up changing rooms at midnight.
The room we were moved to was much larger, and there was no smell from the drains.
I am very disappointed that we had to complain more than once before remedial action was taken. I might add that we had to pay the full price for the room.
This is a nice hotel in a quiet location, on a direct tram line to the station, and within walking distance of the museum quarter. The breakfast is very nice. Customer service is something that needs work, as well as some of the drains.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I have just returned from spending 3 nights in this hotel. At first I was a little bit dubious with it being out of town but I was so glad we booked this one. Easy to get from Centraal station on the tram and takes about 20 mins however it is a nice ride and you get to know your surroundings. We got a 4 day tram ticket from the office just outside the entrance to Centraal station which cost 21 euros each (well worth the money as we went everywhere via tram) You get the line 2 tram and it's easier to get off at emmastraat and walk up the road to the hotel.
The room was modern and I would say to make sure you know who you are staying with before booking as there is no concrete wall around the bathroom just glass with shaded panels and the sink area is actually in the room. All of the staff that we encountered were really friendly especially the reception staff who couldn't do enough for you. We were leaving late on the final day and they securely stored our luggage for us while we made the most of our last day and even offered that we could store our luggage at the Park Plaza near the station which is handy to know for future. Would definately book again

Room Tip: We stayed in 358 quiet in the back part of the hotel overlooking a residential house
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

This hotel scores great for location, quiet residential, close to tram stop and right behind Vondel park which is worth the time to walk around winter or summer.

Four tram stops from Liedse plein past the museum Plein. Actually a very nice walk in good weather. Taxi should cost around €10 if yuo are out late.

Hotel was quiet at night (a good thing)
Nice bar with Fire to have a drink in.
Didn't eat at the hotel but the restaurant looked inviting.
Room was the executive which means it was just a bit bigger and had a bath.

One quibble was one wall needed repainting.

Internet connection free and worked well.

Staff were friendly.

I stayed here Feb 2014, Oct 2013 & June 2014
For both business and leisure.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Redcar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I stayed here for my Birthday in February 2011 and I had a lovely time! I wasn't in the main block but in the one next door. I booked last minute from latebookings so got a bargain and when I arrived I found that I had been upgraded to a room with a balcony and had fresh fruit and water in my room with a note saying Happy Birthday! They also gave me vouchers for a free drink in the bar. All these lovely touches really made my day!
The hotel is easy to get to and is on one of the main tram routes. it is right next door to Vondelpark which is nice for a walk.
Loved it and appreciated it! Thank you!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Park Plaza Vondelpark, Amsterdam? Share your experiences!