“Park Plaza Vondelpark” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Vondelpark, Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added Park Plaza Vondelpark, Amsterdam to your Saves list
Park Plaza Vondelpark, Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Koninginneweg 34-36, 1075 CZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Vondelpark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 20%
Ranked #195 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Amsterdam
“Park Plaza Vondelpark”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

This hotel scores great for location, quiet residential, close to tram stop and right behind Vondel park which is worth the time to walk around winter or summer.

Four tram stops from Liedse plein past the museum Plein. Actually a very nice walk in good weather. Taxi should cost around €10 if yuo are out late.

Hotel was quiet at night (a good thing)
Nice bar with Fire to have a drink in.
Didn't eat at the hotel but the restaurant looked inviting.
Room was the executive which means it was just a bit bigger and had a bath.

One quibble was one wall needed repainting.

Internet connection free and worked well.

Staff were friendly.

I stayed here Feb 2014, Oct 2013 & June 2014
For both business and leisure.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

762 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Redcar, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I stayed here for my Birthday in February 2011 and I had a lovely time! I wasn't in the main block but in the one next door. I booked last minute from latebookings so got a bargain and when I arrived I found that I had been upgraded to a room with a balcony and had fresh fruit and water in my room with a note saying Happy Birthday! They also gave me vouchers for a free drink in the bar. All these lovely touches really made my day!
The hotel is easy to get to and is on one of the main tram routes. it is right next door to Vondelpark which is nice for a walk.
Loved it and appreciated it! Thank you!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Our son recently moved to Amsterdam for his career and is loving the way of life there, come over for the weekend and I'll show you some of the sights said he, so off we went.
Rather than stay in his one bedroom apartment in Vondelpark we stayed at the Park Plaza hotel just across the road, the hotel is a clean and tidy place to stay with free WIFI and perfectly acceptable rooms, although the corridors tend to be a little pink, if you stay here you will see what I mean for yourself. The bar is reasonably priced and well tended by the staff and reception is efficient and well presented, our check in and out was painless and quick.
Overall I would recommend this hotel to any traveller looking to stay short term in Amsterdam.
What I would find difficult to recommend is the national airline KLM. We have travelled three times with this airline, an amalgamation of KLM, Air France and Delta Airlines of America and only once without incident. Our first taste of KLM was from Amsterdam to Milan for our friends wedding in Stressa on lake Majori in Northern Italy, on this occasion they managed to lose my suitcase and I therefore attended a society wedding dressed in borrowed casual clothes, the suitcase arrived 24 hours later, without explanation. Next was our latest trip to Amsterdam where we flew there without incident and enjoyed our weekend seeing the amazing sights of Amsterdam to find on checking in at the airport for our return journey we had been put on standby for some reason, why us we don't know, we booked our flights at the beginning of January and checked in online as we were supposed to do but KLM had changed the aircraft from an Airbus A320 type which has 2 sets of 3 across seats to a City Hopper which only has 2 sets of 2 across seats leaving passengers without seats for their return journey and causing much distress to their customers, I have to say at this point that we did get on the aircraft, but other travellers appear to have been left at the gate to get a later plane. Treating your customers in this way is not acceptable KLM you cannot rely on passengers not showing up and reducing places aboard your aircraft.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of this hotel overlook the garden and have no outside noise from trams and traffic...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights in January. While all staff I encountered were nice and helpful, I did not have the best stay at this property. It is in dire need of an update. I had trouble sleeping because of the road noise, but switched to a room on the backside of the hotel and slept better on my final night. I only crashed here, so can't comment on food service, gym facilities, etc. I did like the neighborhood, and it is only a short tram ride away from the museum district. The neighborhood is upscale, and I enjoyed walking the neighborhoods and visiting locals restaurants and shops. The price was also good, which probably should have indicated to me this property is older and not in high demand. So, if you want a cheap place to stay within the Carlson group of properties, it is okay for a night or two, but nowhere I'd want to spend a lot of time.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Warwickshire, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

First time to Amsterdam so it was all trial and error, bought a tram card for 48hrs at tourist info at airport, pre booked shuttle from airport and all went well and got us to hotel in about 15 mins. Booked in very efficiently and off to our room. Room not bad, decor looking a little tired, picture missing from screw above bed and the novelty of having the bathroom and toilet behind a glass cubicle means you have to be on good terms if with someone. The breakfast was good although expensive, 19€ plus taxes but we were fortunate reception gave us a 2 for 1 voucher, good choice and presented in a very clean and organised room. The bar was pleasant and enjoyed a few nice drinks there. As regards location it is on tram route 2 with the stop (Stop called Emmastraat) less than 2 minutes walk from hotel. This tram 2 goes right through the centre of Amsterdam, terminating at the Central station which allows you to change to other trams along the route. All in all a pleasant long weekend stay at a nice hotel. Just one additional point Marchel on reception went out of his way when we were leaving to make sure we could pre print our return air line tickets and he even made sure the shuttle we had booked was going to pick us up - great service.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hamburg, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I have been several times in Amsterdam and can compare various hotels. I definítely would come back to this design Hotel. Breakfast was great, our room in the house next to the main building cool, and if you don´t like stylish things, like glass front to the bathroom...then don´t go to a stylish Hotel.
I am coming back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Being a Club Carlson Member we have chosen this hotel because they advertised a good location in the center of Amsterdam - but it cost almost 20 Euro by taxi to get to real center where all the restaurants and entertainment places are. Room decor was VERY strange, really small bathroom
with glass half doors - so You feel like You are taking shower in Your bedroom!
Good thing is - beautiful park is 5 minutes walk from the hotel - so if You come to Amsterdam to have a rest , this is a right place.
DEFINITELY not a 4 star place!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Been to Park Plaza Vondelpark, Amsterdam? Share your experiences!