“Great except for extremely loud guests” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Vondelpark, Amsterdam

You added Park Plaza Vondelpark, Amsterdam to your Saves list
Park Plaza Vondelpark, Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Koninginneweg 34-36, 1075 CZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Vondelpark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 20%
Ranked #189 of 354 Hotels in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“Great except for extremely loud guests”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights and didnt have any complications except for the other guests on our floor constantly slamming their door and shouting. Staff were always warm and very helpful. The buffet breakfast is quite good too! The hotel is just outside of Vondelpark which is beautiful and has many exits into almost the city centre.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

I have been here twice and loved it twice. Love the location more than anything. There's a tram stop right near the hotel but at night it's quiet without all the downtown bustle. Amsterdam is such a great city break that on average I have stayed 4-5 nights at this hotel and have no complaints. They do hire bikes but you can get them much cheaper elsewhere. I just went for the convenience and hired a couple of bikes and it made getting around the city even more enjoyable for me.

Room Tip: Avoid being on tram side.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night with my daughter . The hotel is near museums and it is not noisy around the hotel . The hotel staff was very nice and helpful. We easily got the shuttle from the airport to the hotel and checked in earlier which was good because my flight came in at 6 am. We loved the room .

Room Tip: I am a light sleeper so I asked for a room on the higher floor and it was perfect.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I can see these reviews can put people off but from having searched so many hotels for my first time stay in Amsterdam I kept coming back to this hotel. It was very good value for money for my 2 day stay and I booked via ebookers. I found some good reviews on other sites so I took a chance and went with this place despite some bad reviews. My taste in hotels is good and usually matches the type of stay that I'm looking for e.g I've stayed in hostels to luxury suites in 5 star hotels so I am very fair in reviewing. I did think that I could potentially break my track record of staying in this one. This hotel may not look great from the outside, brown brick, looks a bit 70's etc but it is very nice inside. I found the staff extremely helpful and they printed off tickets for me free of charge when I had forgotten to do so at home, provided maps and any information that I needed. Hotel room was very clean, very funky with bright carpet (which some complain about - it's fine), dim lighting, dark wood sink units but it's supposed to go with the trend and funk that the hotel is about. It's Amsterdam, everywhere is funky. The bathroom is a bit weird - it is a half frosted glass cubicle that is not joined to the ceiling - it has a gap so you could hear everything from within. You would need to be comfortable with your partner if you are going to share a room like this. I didn't eat in the hotel but the bar and restaurant areas looked very nice and always had people around. The bar area always looked welcoming and warm but we were always in a hurry so didn't get to use this facility. Great location on the tram line 2 aswell. I would recommend this hotel - don't let the reviews put you off. I would probably stay here again myself. I would class the hotel as a nice 3 star.

Room Tip: I booked the superior double room and this was perfectly fine to stay in
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I looked at some of the reviews on here before I went and i just don't know how people can complain. It seems like I stayed in a totally different hotel!
We stayed for two nights and I thought it was brilliant. All the staff were very pleasant and offered help and assistance. The room was clean and big enough for the two of us. The whole place was very modern and smart and the food was great. And just a short distance into the centre of Amsterdam. Absolutely no complaints at all. Will definitely be back.... Starting to plan the holiday already! :)

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

My serious concerns here:

1. Room booked 'Superior double room' -room offered below superior double room ( exclusion on mini bar, 24 hour shuttle service to Airport costing 35 Euros)

2. Billing process: I am asked for my credit card on 9 November 2013 to bill my dinner worth 6.5 Euro, the bill is made for 75 Euro's. The explanation given here is it is a policy to take advance and the adjustments should be made on my credit card two days post my check out.
Please note this is when I have already paid my complete room boolkings over expedia.

It is an apology to have a brand such as the Park group be manned by a team who is violating the very basics of hospitality.

I ask the management of the hotel to look into this immedaitely and ensure my dues are back in my account within the next 24 hours.

The consumer court is always the last option.

Poonam Madan
New Delhi, India

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Johannesburg, South Africa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

on arriving, there was only 1 person working at the front desk. the lady named Brenda
was very helpful and friendly. there is no concierge or bell boys assisting to take the luggage to the room. lobby is very small. we were greeted by pink walls and old carpets in
the corridors leading to our room.
on entering the room, the carpet was of a very old nature and the room did not fit our standards.
the hotel is very old. perfect for a hostel or back packers lodge.
i was forced to check out within 10 minutes of my arrival and find another hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Park Plaza Vondelpark, Amsterdam? Share your experiences!