“Nice hotel right next to the Vondelpark” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Vondelpark, Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added Park Plaza Vondelpark, Amsterdam to your Saves list
Park Plaza Vondelpark, Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Koninginneweg 34-36, 1075 CZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Vondelpark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 20%
Ranked #192 of 345 hotels in Amsterdam

656 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

The accommodations and staff at the Park Plaza Vondelpark far exceeded all expectations and made my stay in the city of Amsterdam the best of my eight city European tour. I would say the 50 euro upgrade was worth every penny! Aside from the upgraded accommodations(awesome tub!) and higher speed Internet connection that allowed me a reliable and fast connection so I could Skype with my family and friends at home, it allowed me a metro card for th length of my stay and the staff was well versed in local attraction locations and were able to give me reliable instructions on which lines to take which they marked on a map. This alone probably saved me more than the upgrade cost in cab fares. The staff was great at having cabs arrive dependably and on time when they were required too though. The ease and low cost of moving about the city was one of the things that made my stay so great and I got to see and do Everything I planned and more, thanks to the staffs helpful guidance in this area.

Now for the kicker, just before I departed I discovered (due to a staff comment) that the airline I was flying to Rome on had different and stringent luggage requirements and I had to repack all my bags to distribute the weight differently. It was a blessing I they mentioned it, because I would have been repacking in the airport had they not informed me of the issues that I might and did face. Anyway while I was repacking I pulled my laptop out of its case to double check the airlines rules and then got super rushed, as the cab the staff had arranged for me had arrived and I was pushing the time deadline for making the flight, and I walked out of my room leaving the laptop on the desk -Arrgh!

I didn't realize I had done this until I was going through security at the airport and went to pull the laptop out of my carry-on bag. I considered going back for it, but I didn't have time as the next flight out to Rome was much later in the day and taking it would have meant missing connections and really messing myself and the people I was meeting in Rome up. So I made the heart sinking decision to accept the loss, but in what I thought was a last ditch desperate effort that doomed to failure, I called the hotel and informed them I had left the laptop in my room.

Once again they surprised me, they didn't even hesitate Frank quickly reassured me that it wasn't a problem that their cleaning staff was extremely trustworthy and they would retrieve the laptop immediately and would ship it to me as soon as I sent them shipping information. And even though there were a couple of glitches due to my inability to consistently communicate with them since I was still traveling, my laptop was scheduled for delivery. Frank, the staff member who had responded to my panicked call also handled arranging shipment and he was wonderfully patient and helpful to me and I never worried a minute once I contacted him.

The bottom line is the staff is wonderfully helpful, knowledgeable and trustworthy, the accommodations with the upgrade were very nice and the staff made moving about the city a breeze!

Room Tip: Go for the upgrade.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

This hotel is not in the centre of the city But it is next to the beautiful vondelpark and the tram runs right next to it so it is very convenient if you want to do all touristy things. The tram tickets r available in the hotel that goes for the location. The rooms r tiny but neat and enough for a night sleep as that is what u do in Amsterdam . The day is spent seeing the city and even for a drink they have a bar and restaurant which is decent . The rates are reasonable but dont expect five star facilities at that rate. The staff is very customer friendly and helpful in answering all questions but they try to sell u stuff like an room upgrade, tram pass ( we bought 3day pass for two which cost us 32euros but couldn't use it for trip to lisse ( tulip garden ) . The hotel is decent and Go there if u r not wanting to spurge in rooms but would rather spend on roaming around Amsterdam . Basics in place and easy access to main dam square through tram .

Espoo, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

I picked the hotel for a couples city break in the Internet, with carefully considered parameters: reasonably distance from the center, four stars, reasonable price for a "superior room", next to a park for the morning runs, free wifi, etc. First comment from the wife on the way over from the Central Station: this is quite far away. There goes the five bubbles rating.
Actually though all the parameters used in the choice did hold. The 15-20 min tram ride to the centre is not too bad, Vondelpark works well for the runs, breakfast was very good, and staff friendly.
On the minus side: superior room was maybe a bit larger than an average room, otherwise OK but not very superior. The room has the kind of a bathroom arrangement favored, God knows why, by modern Dutch hotel interior archtitects where the sink is in the room, and the shower and the toilet are also in the room, just separated by flimsy glass walls. Maybe considered cool by the interior architects, but otherwise utterly impractical. The other minus, a very disorganised breakfast room, but then again that goes for just about every hotel I ever been to.
Despite the minuses, a quite positive stay, would come again if the parameters fit the needs for the trip.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Warwickshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

We always stay in one of the jacuzzi suites at this hotel which are excellent and I can recommend them. They are nicely furnished and have a beautiful bathroom The main problem with this hotel is that it does not have a proper restaurant. There is a breakfast buffet which is adequate but only just so. The staff all are friendly and helpful. It is on the number 2 tram route which makes it accessible to all the museums and entertainment. Tram tickets can be obtained from reception. It is reasonably quiet and adjacent to Vondelpark which is ideal for walking. There are some very good restaurants not far away which an be easily reached by walking of by tram.This hotel is excellent for a short stay. Not suitable for those who have difficulty with steps

Room Tip: The Jacuzzi suites are good value and well furnished.
Te Awamutu
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

The location of the hotel was near the lovely park, restaurants and trams which was ideal. We were dissapointed in the room with uncomfortable lumpy bed, strange glass shower which leaked water out onto the carppet and poor house keeping.The reception desk staff were very helpful.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

Found this place when seeking out a hotel near Museumplein. Pleasantly surprised on the size and cleanliness of the rooms and hotel in general. The hotel consists of two buildings with reception being in the further south building. Lobby has restrooms and a free computer and printer. Staff was helpful with directions and recommendations on things to do.

There are two teams stops within walking distance (less than 2 blocks). At the team stop to the north there is an entrance to vondelpark and us a nice area to view sunrises it sunsets. There are two pubs within a few blocks to the north where you can grab one last Heineken before bedtime.

We ultimately chose this hotel based on location and were not disappointed. Very easy walks to museums and even Heineken experience. Tip.....buy museum tickets from lobby and you can bypass he long waiting lines and gain immediate acces to museums. Buying tickets online will accomplish the same.

Rooms do not have irons but you can request them at reception and they will deliver iron and board. Televisions have numerous channels in all kinds of languages from English to Dutch to Arabic to French to Italian to German etc.

Overall great stay. The Dutch are great and this hotel is worth a visit. Remember that team tickets are valid for one hour. So when you get into town and catch a team from central station to the hotel....you will have time to unpack and catch the team back to Leidseplein for some beers

• Stayed April 2012

Been to Park Plaza Vondelpark, Amsterdam? Share your experiences!