“Scary but fun!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Amsterdam Dungeon

The Amsterdam Dungeon
Rokin 78 | Amsterdam, 1012 KW Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Red Light District (De Wallen))
(0)20-5308500
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Scary but fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Enjoyed this place just as much the second time as I did the first. This time it was with my husband and three step-children aged 10, 8, and 6. It is quite scary and Master 6 was a bit apprehensive at first but by the end was having a great time. It is quite educational and the children learnt a bit about Amsterdam's history. I thought it wouldn't be as frightening the second time around but I was wrong! Something to make everyone jump or scream. Worth the price and also has one of the better souvenir shops I have seen. Definitely better than The Edinburgh Dungeon.

Visited October 2013

• Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Paderborn, Germany
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“This is a good way to spend some time in Amsterdam”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

Iv been the the London dungeon and had a great time, so when I realised this was from the same franchise I went and did have a good time, not as big as London but still not a disappointment.
Unlike some of the other dungeon museums around Amsterdam.

Southampton, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“I throughly loved it ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I thought the staff were excellent, they had me going a few times. I enjoyed the different rooms and I love things you interact with. I thought it was brilliant.

Southport, United Kingdom
“Actors are great!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Went as part of the deal with Madame Tussaud's with my boyfriend. Actors are great get really in to it especially the cleaner lady & the judge. Was really scary for me but I get scared easily, funny too. They pick on you if you show you're scared though! Would go again :)

West Bromwich
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Don't waste time or money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

This is the same as the dungeons in the UK, I thought there would be some local history but was wrong, I consider it to be a waste of time.

Visited March 2014
Amsterdam D, Manager at The Amsterdam Dungeon, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear shopgirl_hayles,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. There are similarities with the London Dungeon but the Amsterdam Dungeon is about the dark History of the Netherlands, most of the shows are about another topic. But if you look at being scary and funny, then you are absolutely right  that should be the same.

Regards,