Ok so we booked this as a secret hotel, so it was only the main features that were listed when we were choosing. As soon as we got the name though we went straight to reviews and were so pleased with our choice!
- very close to tram stops to central Amsterdam - 13, 14, 7 and 17 I believe!
- bathroom was amazing, the bath is so deep and the shower lovely too! Good design.
- I had not experienced this before - our room had the usual European plug sockets, but also one English plug socket and another type (possibly American)! We had brought adapters but my phone charger plugged straight in no problems :) good novelty!
- according to my boyfriend who arrived before me, it was quite difficult to find. There was also a building site next door which I think didn't help! (There was no disturbance however from the building site apart from blocking off a road nearby, easily navigated around however).
- it was advertised as soundproof at booking which is one of the reasons we chose it - note it is not soundproof. There is a big window floor to ceiling looking into the main hall/centre of the hotel (there is a big curtain so we didn't have a problem with that as such) but you can hear everyone who walks past. This would not have bothered us as much if it wasn't advertised as soundproof. Perhaps they meant that sound doesn't get out!
We had a wonderful time and other than the points above found the stay very pleasant. A nice quirky hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel De Hallen is situated in one of Amsterdam’s finest industrial heritage sites. The blue steel and rusty highlights of the grand building become an inspiration to each and every one of our guests. Imagine spacious surroundings with an abundance of plants, brought to perfection with modern furniture and design and decorated with a selection of contemporary art, handpicked by the owner. The modern facilities and quality of service are outstanding. Dishes from the cuisine are served not only in the bar, restaurant, lobby and pavement cafe, but also in the superb Internet garden. The garden is situated above De Kas, our meeting room in boardroom setup. The fashion and museum districts, Amsterdam’s breathtaking canals and the Jordaan district are all within walking distance. We look forward to seeing you soon in Hotel De Hallen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Venere, Orbitz, Splendia, EasyToBook, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Hotel De Hallen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.