“Great B&B in a quiet area of Amsterdam” 5 of 5 stars

B&B Jordaan
Anjeliersstraat 197, 1015 NG Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Ranked #67 of 322 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Sydney, Australia
“Great B&B in a quiet area of Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

B&B was extremely clean, breakfasts were delicious (and different each day) and Charlotte was a lovely host - friendly and very helpful. We had the garden room and our teenagers had the first floor room overlooking the street. No problems with either. The B&B is located close to canals, trams and an easy walk or tram ride to major attractions. As it was mid-winter, we appreciated the excellent heating. Lack of common areas was not a problem - we enjoyed having breakfast in our room and the ability to make tea/coffee when we chose. We would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: The garden room was lovely (and no stairi!) but the first floor room was also very pleasant, with no...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

Very clean B & B on a quiet street in Jordaan area. Easy tram ride into centre or walk to Anne Frank House. Good breakfast served in the room and coffee making facilites available at all times. Charlotte answers emails promptly and Dick, who looked after us in Charlotte's absence was very helpful and informative. Thank you very much.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

my girlfriend an I stayed there for 4 nights from 8 Oct, it was really perfect and nice room. the owner was very nice and helped me a lot, he offered me free ticket for a museum and free breakfast , i would like to recommend this room to everyone

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

My wife and I just returned from Amsterdam (August 15, 2013), staying four nights at the B&B Jordaan, and it was a wonderful experience. I can't imagine accommodations being any better. It was centrally located - I am 77 and my wife 73 and we walked everywhere - with a tram and bus transportation, if desired, about 3 blocks away. The Anne Frank House is very close and numerous restaurants, pubs, etc. on every street. As a bonus, we were also served a BIG Holland breakfast every morning delivered to us in our room at the time we requested. Staff was so, so friendly, making us feel welcome from the moment we set foot inside. And, they were knowledgeable about the area and attractions in Amsterdam, giving us some good tips. If, or rather when, we return to Amsterdam, we will certainly stay here, if a room is available. A B&B is not a hotel; it is a like you are staying at a friend's or relative's house - giving you a warm, comfortable, homey feeling. We are from Austin, Texas, USA. Charlotte, the owner, was away on holiday with her family while we were there, but Saskia was a wonderful stand-in, and Marion did his best to help us feel welcome by providing some tips for getting around the city.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have only wonderful things to say about my stay at the b&b. My host Saskia was helpful, kind and lovely to talk to everyday. I was served really nice Dutch breakfast everyday and Saskia took care of my likes, dislikes and every need.

I was given the room upstairs that faces the road and it was a nice street view. The room and bed were very comfortable. There is a small dining table in the room and coffee, tea facilities. The dutch coffee was really nice and Saskia was kind enough to show me the brand so I could take some back home! Jordaan is a beautiful area and I would suggest anyone visiting Amsterdam to stay here because its away from the crowds and really gives a local feel. There are great places to eat less than a 5 minute walk from the b&b so the location is ideal.

When I visit Amsterdam, and I certainly will soon :) this is the accommodation I will book for sure!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Best location, quiet neigbourhood, great if you're travelling with kids. We stayed for 4 nights with 2 kids and good friends. Our hostess Saskia made it very comfortable for us. Always there if we needed something. The rooms are clean, cozy, very homey. We were served a very good variety of dutch breakfast everyday. Special thanks to Mario who immediately fixed the WIFI when we lost the connection :-) Thank you very much Saskia and Mario for being soooo good and nice to us during our entire stay. You're the best hostess and host. We will sure come back and stay with you again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Astoria, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My boyfriend and I arrived for a weeklong excursion to Amsterdam and were really hoping for a cozy, feels-like-home type of experience, and we definitely got that with the B&B Jordaan! Charlotte put us in the ground floor garden room, which opens onto a little backyard garden, complete with a small table and chairs. If you're staying for more than a few days, do see if you can book the garden room! It gets a lovely amount of sun, is very quiet, and is positively beautiful in the warm season!
Every morning Charlotte brought us a delicious Dutch breakfast, which consisted of a rotating menu of sliced meats, cheeses, yogurt or a hard boiled egg, fresh squeezed orange juice, and a selection of breads. I must say, we never had breakfast anywhere else, and waking up every morning to the food was a real delight. We had a french press for coffee and a tea kettle for a tea that stayed in the room throughout our trip—the instant access really made it feel like home; having tea in the afternoon out in the garden was great!
Charlotte was beyond helpful—you couldn't ask for more, really. We told her we were foodies and she recited a long list of delicious local restaurants, then pointed them out on a map so we could find our way there. We were allowed use of the Amsterdam info books she kept on hand, and because we were kitchen adjacent, she even allowed us to keep some leftovers in the fridge. This is a place to stay when you want to feel at home!
Most importantly, at least for me, was what a lifesaver Charlotte was. I have a problem with my pelvic bones—specifically, my left sacroiliac joint falls out of place, causing one side of my body to be higher than the other, and resulting in constant pain. Unfortunately, after 3 days of a lot of walking in the wrong shoes, I threw out the joint worse than I have ever done before. I panicked about the ruin of my vacation, but my boyfriend smartly brought up the point that Charlotte had already told us if we had any medical problems, to go to her first. So we told her, and she immediately called her manual therapist (Chiropractor, for the Americans), who was unfortunately away on vacation. The office suggested sending me to some freshly graduated medical students, and Charlotte said absolutely not—I needed someone with experience. Within a day I had an appointment with the manual therapist who works on the Dutch National Ballet Company. I was fixed within a day, and I truly believe had I stayed anywhere else, I would have either been waiting in an emergency room for an entire day, or I would have just suffered through the trip in pain—never mind the 8-hour plan ride back home.
Charlotte saved my vacation!
Charlotte and her husband were on hand whenever we needed them—including when the wifi was briefly on the fritz; they of course fixed it right away.
We've already told Charlotte we will be back next year, and we plan on it. B&B Jordaan truly felt like home, and suffice it to say, it was very difficult for us to leave. The beds were incredibly comfortable; the room was cool, clean, and private; the neighborhood is a family neighborhood with lots of kids, nice antique shops, bakeries, restaurants, and local places—away from the hustle and bustle of the busier Amsterdam neighborhoods, but definitely within walking distance of everything you'd want to see.

Room Tip: The garden room, if you can! It's the best.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple