My wife and I just returned from Amsterdam (August 15, 2013), staying four nights at the B&B Jordaan, and it was a wonderful experience. I can't imagine accommodations being any better. It was centrally located - I am 77 and my wife 73 and we walked everywhere - with a tram and bus transportation, if desired, about 3 blocks away. The Anne Frank House is very close and numerous restaurants, pubs, etc. on every street. As a bonus, we were also served a BIG Holland breakfast every morning delivered to us in our room at the time we requested. Staff was so, so friendly, making us feel welcome from the moment we set foot inside. And, they were knowledgeable about the area and attractions in Amsterdam, giving us some good tips. If, or rather when, we return to Amsterdam, we will certainly stay here, if a room is available. A B&B is not a hotel; it is a like you are staying at a friend's or relative's house - giving you a warm, comfortable, homey feeling. We are from Austin, Texas, USA. Charlotte, the owner, was away on holiday with her family while we were there, but Saskia was a wonderful stand-in, and Marion did his best to help us feel welcome by providing some tips for getting around the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Award winning B&B Inside the historical Jordaan area, downtown Amsterdam. We offer 2-3-4p rooms with en suite bathrooms, private coffee/tea facilities & free WiFi in a traditional building with a gable tile of 1663. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your B&B Jordaan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- b&b Jordaan Hotel Amsterdam
- Bed And Breakfast Jordaan