“The Princess is going to get you!!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Princess

You added Hotel Princess to your Saves list
Hotel Princess
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Overtoom 80, 1054 Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Vondelpark)   |
Special Offer
Book direct - best price!
Ranked #316 of 346 Hotels in Amsterdam
“The Princess is going to get you!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Returned today from a 3 day stay in the Princess and must say we had the time of our lives. If you don't mind a lack of sleep due to noise, a place dirtier than sleeping outside on a bench and fancy laughing until you explode, then The Princess is for you. We booked 3 rooms of 4 beds for a stag do, and was literally laughing our heads off at the state of the place, especially when one of the group pulled back their duvet to discover a pile of pubic hair that had been left there by the previous occupant. We also had a couple of incidents of bed bug bites and found it hilarious when we saw a few in one of the beds. You are told not to open the windows, but the place does get quite hot and has a funny smell so we opened them anyway. The safe is €3 and the wifi is fast and free. The shared bathrooms are pretty well kept but do run out of toilet rolls and hand wash quite quickly. I recommend showering in your flip flops just incase as the place is a dive. I wouldn't stay at The Princess ever again, but I'm glad we did it because it made our stay so funny and memorable. The best thing about the hostel is it's location, you are close to everything that Amsterdam has to offer. We had the most amazing time in the Dam and part of that is down to The Princess, so I salute you and say thanks and farewell.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

So, this hotel/hostel is not only located in a great location, with trams running straight to Amsterdam Centraal Station right outside the premises, but it is also very accommodating. I had originally planned to arrive at 2200, already quite a late time to check in, however due to an issue I was going to be arriving at later than 1am!! Luckily, Manu was on duty and he arranged for me to be buzzed in (happily I arrived just past midnight), and had my room key card ready to go and I was in bed within 3 minutes of stepping foot in the building. VERY VERY happy with the staff here, especially Manu - first real piece of good luck in The Netherlands.

Wifi is also relatively quick, and beds are comfy too :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

When i booked this hostel and read the bad comentaries, i thouth people was exagerate. But now, my firts day here, im really disapointeded. First of all the equipe is very rude and impolite. The scalators is a nightmare! It make u regret to have leave your house with a luggagge (it is really terrible). About the room, its dirty and have a bad smell. I have been in others hostel with the same price and is the first time that i see a so bad place like this.

Belo Horizonte, MG
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

I went there with a friend to stay only for one night (thank god). Once we arrived at 11 am the recepcionist told us that we had to leave our bags and come back at 2 pm because that was the check in time. We just wanted to use the toilet and change clothes and the ignorant recepcionist told us in these words: "You can't sit here, just leave the bags. I told you this already I thought you spoke english".

I don't understand how this place can call itself a hotel, the rooms are very noisy and small. And the bathroom/toilet is also small and dirty. Don't go to this place.

Cologne, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

The hostel is located in a great area, near parks restaurants and other services. Other than that, I do not recommend it to those who are light sleepers or like any form of great service. The trams running by tend to rattle the rooms and create a great deal of noise til late at night. On top of that the service staff during the day are typically too busy on social media to assist, are often short tempered, and raise their voices at guests. Alongside that, we were not able to even access the hostel before 2pm and when given access to the room were greeted by dirty sheets and cigarette butts.

Was not a very welcoming hostel and hope there is a management upgrade in the near future as it's potential is being hindered.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Princess? Share your experiences!