“Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Princess

Save Saved
You added Hotel Princess to your Saves list
Hotel Princess
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Overtoom 80, Amsterdam 1054, The Netherlands (Vondelpark)   |
Ranked #314 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam

166 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I can't comment on the hotel itself as my plans changed and I never got to stay there. I'm writing this review to alert people to the hotel's ambiguous cancellation policy and their "addition" to it! First the written policy says you must cancel by 12:00 AM the day before you are due to check on to get a refund. To me, this is 12 Noon and should be stated as such. After I did cancel on time, I was told I would not be getting a refund because cancellation had to be via Email!!!!! You've been warned.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

Bed bugs! 65 euros for a twin with bed bugs on both beds and shared bath... We were relocated out of the room but never refunded for the nights stay... How can you sleep after having bugs crawl all over? No management even acknowledged not providing a service that we paid good money for. pics and vid to back this up. I hope this post costs them more then my nights fees.

Cheers

• Stayed May 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I was in Amsterdam for an event. the check in in the hotel was in 14:00, but i arrived in 9:00 so i couldn't check in but i could leave my stuff there. this is the only bad thing of the hostel - the girl on the reception was really nervous and it seemed like everything was hard to her but at the end she took this one bag. every single thing except of this situation was GREAT. there are two guys working, very communicative and they helped me a lot. in the rooms its a bit noise but you are on leidesplein in a 6minutes walk so its a busy area. at the end, when you consider how much you pay this and who much you become back its VERY GOOD

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Amsterdam
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

Money was taken from my bank, even tho we wasnt meant to pay till arrival... Still had to pay on arrival and not recived money back yet!! Will be taking it up with trading standards!

Hotel add stated single beds!! We had bunk beds!! Disgusting twist for buisiness!

The bedding was old and worn!! I chose to sleep on top of the duvet fully clothed!!

Hotel stated American Breakfast! We was offered continental! The breakfast was what made us book this!! But we dont eat pork...

The window was broken in the room...

We have photographic evidence if you require? And we have also posted reveiws of your web service (someone at home answering diverted calls) not a call centre, and struggled to converse in english.. and also our group has revewed the hotel poorly on other forums!

I feel mugged off and so does my group, and after travelling to holland for 10 years this was my worst time and wasted good hard earned money, i may not return due to this fact!

• Stayed May 2012

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Hotel Princess? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Princess

Address: Overtoom 80, Amsterdam 1054, The Netherlands
Location: The Netherlands > North Holland Province > Amsterdam > Vondelpark
Bar / Lounge Wheelchair access
Ranked #314 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Hotel Class:1 star — Hotel Princess 1*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, HotelsNL, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, HostelWorld, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Hotel Princess reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Princess Hotel Amsterdam

If you own or manage Hotel Princess, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.