“Nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis Styles Amsterdam City

Save Saved
You added Ibis Styles Amsterdam City to your Saves list
Ibis Styles Amsterdam City
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Stadhouderskade 135, 1074 AZ Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #194 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The room was nicely decorated and more spacious than I had thought. Breakfast was average; bread, cereal, yogurt and some fruit. I have to say that I really liked their coffee machine! The location of the hotel was good, really close to Heineken. You could easily take a tram or metro to the city centre or just walk. I couldn't hear any interrupting noise from the streets to the room. One thing that should be kept in mind is that this hotel does not have air conditioning. When it was 27 degrees celcius outside the hotel room was one of the last places I wanted to spend time at. At first we were given a room from the basement which smelled like tobacco (the staff smoking place was outside right next to the room). We decided to complain and ask for a new room since we had booked a room from a nonsmoking hotel. The staff was really helpful and gave us an airfreshner (seemed like they had had complaints about this issue before...) and promised a new room for the next night since there weren't any rooms available that night. All in all, a nice and clean hotel that doesn't cost a fortune.

Stayed July 2014

463 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Milano
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This hotel is 2 steps far from another Ibis Styles, perhaps a better one. Eventhough the style is the standard Ibis, with nice colours and all, the building is really small and so are the rooms. I've spent three nights here. My room was facing the street, but close to the elevator and generally was very noisy, also cause all the room doors are really close to each others.
Also the breakfast is quite poor and in a small room.
The only positive point, I really have to say, is that the staff is kind and friendly.
But definitely it's possible to find better places in Amsterdam for the same price.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Conveniently located on the outer canals of Amsterdam. Walking distance to Heineken Experience, Van Gogh Musuem and Reijk Museum. Tram stop near by, Boat stop about 10 minutes walk from the hotel. Staff are helpful particularly Mr Saad at the reception. Comparatively, this hotel is priced better than other hotels. The room was convenient for a family of four- 2 Adults and 2 Children, with separate beds for all. Bathroom, though compact was neat and served our purpose well. Buffet breakfast was basic and neatly served.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We only had one night in this hotel, but it was a welcome change from some far less good hostels the previous few nights. As with all Ibis' I have stayed, the beds are comfy, the rooms and bathroom are spotlessly clean and the staff were friendly. Of course it's basic, but breakfast was included and we were able to keep our bags in a relatively secure room for the majority of the next day also.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was invited to the hotel for a work related meeting and I thought it was in a good location. Recently renovated (although in a rather cheap manner) and room was tiny but ok, reception staff very friendly, but as other reviewer wrote, it is pretty noisy (cleaning personell). Worst of all though is that I had 50 Euros stolen out of my bag. Yes, there is a safe in the room but I would not have thought that some money would dissapear out of my bag. Once I noticed on my way home, I emailed the hotel and unfortunatly I have not received any answer (its 2 weeks ago now). This is very dissapointing, has never happened to me before, and I would not go there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Woking, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The room is simple but everything you need. We had trouble with our shower, it would flood the bathroom every time and after a shower you have the keep the bathroom door shut otherwise it sets off the smoke alarms which was a bit of a pain.
The rooms are a tight squeeze, but we still managed to move around fine with our suitcases in there, bed was comfortable and a balcony means you can get lots of fresh air.
The breakfast team are absolutely wonderful, we always came down ten minutes before it ended but they would always make sure there was enough food for us, one of the ladies even heated up a bunch of croissants for me when she saw me looking around for them.
Good location, ask for a city map and then you'll be fine, it looks far from the centre but it's surprisingly close.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

3 generations of my family stayed here for 2 nights as we visited Amsterdam for the first time. Since we had children with us, the economical price of the "family rooms" (sleep 3 or 4!) caught our eye and this hotel's easy access to the sights worked great. The rooms were small but cheerful. The breakfast had many options and was wonderful. The breakfast room was bright and clean and proved to be a nice place for our family to visit with each other during the afternoon as we rested our feet. The breakfast ladies and front desk staff were very professional and helpful with directions from our clueless bunch. We struggled a bit with the lack of air conditioning, but each room had a fan and the windows opened and cooled off the room. I don't know that I will be fortunate enough to go back to Amsterdam again, but if I did I would stay here!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Ibis Styles Amsterdam City? Share your experiences!