“Beer heaven!” 5 of 5 stars

York, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
“Beer heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

A must for any beer lover visiting Amsterdam. Easily reached by tram.

Unpretentious bar with benches outside under the trees.

They do a tasting plank with 5 different beers for €8 - do try the cheese as a beer snack as well.

All the beers are really good, my particular favourite was the Zatte (8% !)

For the non-beer drinker you can also get wine.

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent, real beer, great service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I'll keep this short.

1. It's cheap. No other bar I have been to in Amsterdam is this cheap, €5 ish for a round is very good.

2. Snacks are very nice and again reasonably priced. Oosterwurst (smoked beef sausage) was very meaty, almost steak tartare!

3. The beer is excellent, we tried every single one and they are all good.

4. The bar itself is nice. I particularly enjoy the way the sterile nature of the brewers art has spilled into the bar - meaning it is extremely ergonomic.

People who say it is 'far' from the centre... It's a mile, that's not really far to walk unless you are very young/very old. If so get a tram!

Regards,

Tom

Ontario
63 attraction reviews
“It's a Hell of a Walk...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

... but how can you go to Holland without seeing a windmill? Your effort is rewarded with a beautiful windmill and maybe more importantly given how hot it was, a great cold beer in a friendly share a table beer garden.

Highlands
56 attraction reviews
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Searching the internet for a brewery tour prior to a visit to Amsterdam led me here instead of a "bigger name" place.
Having only sketchy directions (and a doubting wife), I was glad to find the brewery, via the 22 bus, without difficulty. Despite finding no evidence of a tour on the day, we immediately sensed this was a good place to be and bought the 5-sample rack of beers. We followed up with more of our two favourites and had a pleasant hour or so in the sunshine under the windmill.
It was obviously "a place to be" in Amsterdam, although my wife and I did notice that we seemed to be at least 40 years older than the "average client"!
The staff were interested, enthusiastic and polite.
One of the highlights of our short break in Amsterdam. Great beer.

Ramstein-Miesenbach, Germany
117 attraction reviews
“Excellent brewery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Contrary to what some think, this is NOT the windmill. The brewery is adjacent to the windmill... TA, please update that this is a bar, not an attraction!

We've been visiting Amsterdam for 10+ years now. Why did it take me this long to find out there's a microbrewery in Amsterdam? Shameful to think of all the other beer I've drunk in Amsterdam when I could have been drinking here instead.

They had 6 different beers on tap and one bottled. I went with their five sampler (bummer, it didn't include the IPA, which turned out to be my favorite) for € 8 which was reasonable. Pils, two Belgian-like beers (a double and a triple), a white (wheat), and an amber-like beer. All were good but of these 5 the pils was my favorite.

While there we struck up a conversation with a Dutch couple. Before the afternoon was over, lots of IPAs had been consumed in the 3 hours we were there.

Without a doubt, we'll be back to this great brewery.