“HOUSE KEEPING” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #185 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
“HOUSE KEEPING”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This is our third visit to amsterdam also third time at this hotel ...bad decision last two times but location is great.
Requested breakfast in bed last time we were here in March my boyfriend was treating me champagne the lot...we waited and waited phoned down they didn't even take the request from the form not happy at all and we also missed normal breakfast due to this..

Arrived yesterday only had 1 set of towels no biggy we will share get new ones tomorrow!!!!!

Have just returned after a nice day out 4.30 pm and beds not made ...two rubbish bags still there, still same towels we shared yesterday not even a new set mirror sink and shower not wiped down.....not happy at all..

Have called reception and and they have told me they have had a lot of checkouts my thought to that is I am here now does that not count definitely won't stay here again!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

-Internet
Strong Wifi connection in all rooms, free to use. The internet speed was very slow though. About half a MB download speeds.

-Breakfast
Poor. Not a great deal of choice, especially in terms of the cooked breakfast. Scrambled eggs, Boiled eggs, Bacon and mini sausages. Thats about it.

-Cleanliness
On the whole the hotel was very clean. No issues with dirt or hygiene whatsoever. The rooms are very nice, modern, newly furnished.

-Customer Service
The customer service in the hotel was satisfactory. Not amazing, but okay. The first thing we were told when we checked in is that the hotel wanted a €50 deposit in case we used any extra services such as room service. We're students that were on tight budget, so this wasn't ideal for us at all. However the staff at the hotel wouldn't budge on this and insisted on the deposit.

-Location
The factor that really sells this hotel is it's location. All the main attractions and landmarks in Amsterdam are walkable from the hotel which made popping back to the room really easy.

On the whole we found the hotel to be very average. No major issues, but it didn't overly impress us. Would I stay there again? Yes, purely based on the fantastic location.

Room Tip: If you're concerned about the view from the room, don't go for the cheapest rooms. We did an...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I think my choice to stay at this hotel was excellent. Top 5 hotel I 've ever stay in Europe.
I fell that it was value for money, and the location was gradeful for snyone who want a central hotel in Amsterdam.
Very clean rooms, tasty breakfast and all the people who work there they are bland and helpful.
I recoment it !!!

• Stayed December 2014
R S, Manager at Hampshire Hotel - Rembrandt Square Amsterdam, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences with us.
Your comments have been forwarded to the team and it would be a great pleasure to welcome you back as our guest!

Kind regards,

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked one of the apartments that the hotel owns. Its just around the corner. It was fantastic. Two stories with outside balcony. View overlooking the canal, separate sitting room and kitchen and then the bedroom upstairs. Be warned the stairs up to the apartment where extremely steep and not for the worse for wear! Place was a little grubby but it is a busy city so I could overlook it a bit. To have the outside balcony was great for a coffee in the morning. Location of this place is amazing every attraction is within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your experiences on TripAdvisor. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back some day.

Best regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We spent two nights in this hotel and were pleased we had chosen it. Our 5th floor room had great views of the canal and Light Festival and was well-equipped and comfortable. Breakfasts were excellent, with lots of choice, though we weren't keen on the coffee machines. The restaurant was first-class and we had a very good dinner on one of the evenings.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the canal side, as high up as you can, for good views and the minimum of noise
Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hampshire Hotel - Rembrandt Square and for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

Best regards,

Hamburg, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have traveled to most of Europe, this is the worst hoterl ever I have been to, i stayed in this hotel 3 nights ( 25th to 28th November 2014). I have kept all my cash money (Total of €2,900.00) in the safe box, the whole cash was stolen from my room one night before I checked out although no one ever entered my room except of course hotel's house keeping and room service staff!!! The next morning I.e the moring I must check out the employee at the reception started threatining me that if I called police I must have legal residency papers and all although I am visiting the country on legal visit visa and my visa was still valid. I was panicking all day, calling friends in places thousands of miles away and pigging them to send me cash so I could pay the hotel bill and get the heck out of this mesrable place. I will never visit this hotel or Amsterdam or even whole Netherlands once again and I will advise all my friends to do so.

Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
R S, Manager at Hampshire Hotel - Rembrandt Square Amsterdam, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear guest,

We very much regret you had this experience. We take these kind of accusations very seriously. Therefore, we assisted you by viewing key logs and talking with our staff that day. Moreover, we advised your more the once to report the situation to the local police and explained you how this procedure works. It is an untruth claim that our staff threatened you at this point.
Because of this remark, the fact that your money was stored in a locked safe of which only you had access and your negligence to report the situation to the police we do treat your claim as a suspicion only and not as a fact.

Yours sincerely,

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great location but....rooms should definitely be refurbished, room clainliness wasn't so good (found somebody's hairs in my "clean" bed), you can't set up proper room temperature with air-condition system (room was quite cold), hairdryer didn't work, poor insulation (you can hear everything around, so forget about good sleep) and one more very important thing- there is NO way that you can get into the room before 3,00 PM (if you arrive little bit earlier or you are simple too tired, you can forget about getting rest and settled before original check-in time). I am travelling very often and never had experience that Hotel wasn't able to give me some free room before original check in time). All in all I wouldn't choose this Hotel for next time for sure..so before you book your accommodation for several days, think about it twice.

Room Tip: Standard double-bed
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampshire Hotels

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. we are sorry to read we did not meet your expectations. We are constantly trying to improve our service and standards and therefore use your comments to improve the quality of our hotel.

Yours sincerely,

The management

Been to Hampshire Hotel - Rembrandt Square Amsterdam? Share your experiences!