Central location in Amsterdam, just off Rembrandt Square. Rooms are small, but nicely maintained and reasonably well insulated for noise (I was there night of Netherlands-Spain World Cup match and, in my room on the backside of the hotel, didn't hear much of the post-game mayhem from the square).
While generally, I had a good experience at the hotel, there were a couple of issues that keep me from offering a higher rating. 1) In my 5th floor room, water was not very hot and heated water was intermittent during showers. 2) Check in for my group (of 17) seemed needlessly complicated and slow. Instead of having the process fully computerized so that we could use multiple clerks to check us in, we all had to go through one clerk, filling out a single sheet of paper with passport information. 3) Breakfast buffet facilities were not adequate to deal with the number of guests staying at the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Are you ready for Amsterdam? At Hampshire Hotel - Rembrandt Square on the famous Rembrandtplein, everything Amsterdam has to offer is on your doorstep. The ideal starting point for a day visiting museums (Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum and the Hermitage), wandering over Waterlooplein, cycling through the seventeenth century city centre, sailing through the canals, sitting at one of the pavement cafes on Rembrandtplein and visiting trendy local bars and clubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Venere, EasyToBook, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo and Otel so you can book your Hampshire Hotel - Rembrandt Square Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Rembrandt Square Amsterdam
- Hotel Eden Rembrandt Square
- Eden Rembrandt Hotel Amsterdam
- Eden Rembrandt Square Hotel Amsterdam