I was at the Eden in January 2013. It was a works weekend away. The hotel is situated in a great position within the theatre district which leads to an abundance of places of interest as well as fantastic restaurants of varying tastes.
A beautifully imposing building commanding a great position.
The staff were very efficient and polite and always willing to advise. The hotel gave Internet access which helped in printing off return boarding passes which was great.
The rooms were a bit neat but sufficient with a modern feel to them. Beds were just heaven as were the showers which made you feel totally revitalised. The upper floors were served sufficiently with good lifts.
There was a mini bar in the room should you wish to use it but I thought it was very expensive. It had a good selection of internationally branded spirits, beers, chocolate and crisps etc. this is just added to your room and laid for on departure.
The bar was modern and funky with a huge selection of drinks. Very well stocked. The bar service was very formal but also polite. The prices are not for the faint hearted. I bought a large Bacardi and coke and a large Brandy and coke and it cost me 39 euros. Needless to say I did not hang around for long at the bar. ( my only real gripe ).
Breakfast was in the main dining hall which again had a fantastic feeling about it with its beautiful architecture and high ceilings and comfortable seating arrangements. Breakfast itself was your usual selection of cereal, toast, pastries, fruit juices, yoghurt etc as well as your pick from the hot trays, sausage
, bacon etc. all the hot food was fresh and not left to fester under heat lamps. It was continually topped up. Fantastic.
Tea and coffee was brought to you and you could refill as required. Again good attention to personal service.
The hotel was a great base for getting around and I can recommend a canal trip which is truly the best way to get around.
I was also captivated by the trams and cyclists as they gave the place the impression of a busy city going about its business. I even seen dogs on bikes ( with their owners of course ).
In summary, I would recommend the Hampshire to anyone but admittedly there are more cost effective solutions if you are on a budget. The hotel is worth the money but is not a budget hotel.
Treat yourself, you won't regret it
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Certified with the Golden Green Key. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Odigeo, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Otel, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your Hampshire Hotel - Rembrandt Square Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Rembrandt Square Amsterdam
- Hotel Eden Rembrandt Square
- Eden Rembrandt Hotel Amsterdam
- Eden Rembrandt Square Hotel Amsterdam