I stayed in the Hampshire Hotel on Rembrandt square for a 5 night visit late November early December. The room was very spacious, biggest I've stayed in, in 4 visits to Amsterdam, and decorated in a modern feel. The bed was not only comfortable but huge. While our room had very little natural light or a view it was pleasant and comfortable. The staff were, if a bit jumpy, very helpful. The location was excellent, a stone throw from Rembrandt square, which even when jumping on a Saturday night we could hear nothing from the room.
Unfortunately there were a few things that really ruined this stay.
The first was the tv, which had 3 English channels BBC2, BBC world news and euro news. Luckily it also had a radio channel, which while not in English, played many English songs and sufficed as background noise while we were in the room.
The 2nd issue was the bathroom, this had some funky modern frosted glass door, which looked nice but did nothing to dampen sound. We were also confused that there was on extractor fan in the bathroom, this made the room particularly uncomfortable after a couple of showers.
3rd the massive bed was actually 2 singles pushed together. While it was comfortable, we either had the choice of both squeezing onto 1 bed or lying each on a separate bed like we had booked a twin room.
The final issue was the lack of cleanliness, marks on the floor, balls of hair soap stains around the sink in the bathroom. I understand the hotel is undergoing a refurbishment at the moment (trust me I could hear them on the floor above) but at the price being paid I expected my room to be at the very least clean.
When I raised these issues at reception I was essential fobbed off nicely.
This hotel could be good, but just needs to concentrate on some of the details that it has very obviously missed.
- Also Known As:
- Eden Rembrandt Square Amsterdam
- Eden Rembrandt Square Hotel
- Hotel Eden Rembrandt Square
- Eden Rembrandt
- Eden Rembrandt Square
- Eden Rembrandt Hotel Amsterdam
- Eden Rembrandt Square Hotel Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Certified with the Golden Green Key. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Venere, Expedia and Otel so you can book your Hampshire Hotel - Rembrandt Square Amsterdam reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.