“City Break Super Stay” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Amstelstraat 17, 1017 DA Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #178 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
“City Break Super Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

The Hampshire Hotel, formerly know as the Eden Rembrandt is in an excellent location surrounded by restaurants, shops & buzzing night life. Having stayed there 2 times before I chose it again a third time when visiting Amsterdam with my boyfriend because of its location. The Hampshire boasts super rooms which are recently refurbished with a contemporary feel, they are spacious & with lovely bathrooms. It is a 15 minute walk from Centraal Station - or a 4 minute tram ride!

Room Tip: Always ask for an upgrade. If they have rooms available they will do it!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thomas h, Manager at Hampshire Hotel - Rembrandt Square Amsterdam, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your great review.
We are happy to hea that you had a pleasant stay with us.
Hopefully you will visit us again next time.

The management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I used to stay here a lot when i worked in Amsterdam 4 years ago, nice location, nice hotel and a nice vibe. I returned here last week for the first time in years to find two main issues. Firstly, the corridors of the hotel don't smell nice at all - my colleague also noticed this. Secondly, and more significantly, my room carpet had stains all over it - and i mean all over it. There must have been about 20 different stains. The white walls were also covered in scuff marks. I went to my colleagues room and it was the same, the only difference is that his room had leaves on the desk that had blown in from the open window.

Badly needs renovated...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thomas h, Manager at Hampshire Hotel - Rembrandt Square Amsterdam, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for these observations!
We are sorry to hear dat you did not had a pleasant stay!
To inform you, we are starting with a soft renovation this month!
So our quality will be better!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at this gem of a hotel in Amsterdam. Situated on Rembrant Plein, it is ideally placed for all the main attractions of the city. The hotel is modern with very spacious up to date and comfortable rooms at a reasonable rate (we booked through Expedia). Getting to and from the many attractions of Amsterdam is extremely easy with a tram stop just 2 minutes walk away. Take either the number 9 or number 14 tram to Centraal Station (2.60 euro for a one hour ticket).This is a ten minute journey that will deliver you to the station area after three short stops - ideal for a visit to the Red Light district or a canal boat tour (or going to and from the airport - a short 17 minute ride away).

The hotel has two bars and it's own restaurant although we decided to eat out at one of the many restaurants around RembrandtPlein; I would particularly recommend the Irish Pub for breakfast and dinner but be aware they only take cash not credit cards like many restaurants in the city which I found strange. For any tours etc there are many ticket offices where you can pick up discounted tickets but again they only take cash and not credit cards. Nearby the hotel you will find a number of ATMs, pharmacy, supermarkets and cafes, including a very nice Starbucks just around the corner from the hotel.

All in all a great hotel, perfect location with very friendly staff and amenities - we will certainly stay there again on our next visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas h, Manager at Hampshire Hotel - Rembrandt Square Amsterdam, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments!
We look forward to welcome you again!

Belfast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed with my boyfriend for 3 nights in August. The room on the fifth floor was lovely, gorgeous toiletries and very clean. However there was a disgusting stain on the carpet and the wood on my desk was coming off and I had a slight injury to my hand from it. When I spoke to reception the woman just seemed panicked and thanked me for letting her know, but nothing was done during our stay and I would have preferred some sort of gesture of compensation but this was not offered and I didn't want to waste time bickering when I could have been enjoying my holiday. The location was excellent and I must complement the concierge staff who were very helpful, attentive and saved my day when I realised I had locked my hand luggage keys in my hand luggage! I would return if those imperfections were addressed.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear guest,

We are sorry to hear about your observations in the room!
We will contact our staff about this matter!
Next month we will start with a soft renovation in the rooms so we hope that this will improve our quality!

Edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed here on business during the week for four nights. The hotel has quite a classy feel to it. The Bank I work for has a deal with this hotel so we got upgraded rooms which were very good. The showers lacked water pressure. The rooms were well decorated, everything was there that I would expect. The staff were freindly and helpful.
The location is great, there seemed to be lots to do on the square. As I was on business I didn't do much. Also I didn't eat in any restaurants but I can say there are some very good takeaways near this hotel.
My only complaint is that the double bed is two single beds jammed together. Not a huge problem but my Blackberry fell down the middle which I didn't notice and it took me ages to find it.

As a business traveller I was quite impressed. Place was a good sanctuary to come back to after a hard day's work. Easy to find a takeaway and get a good night's sleep. Wifi works well too which is a must for me.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thomas h, Manager at Hampshire Hotel - Rembrandt Square Amsterdam, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for this great review!
We hope to welcome you again in our hotel next time!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights, great location right next to Rembrandt Square. Nice restaurant and bar in hotel. Bars and restaurants all around hotel too. We had a decent size room with a canal view, worth the extra money we paid for it. Would stay here again, clean and comfy hotel, a little gem.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thomas h, Manager at Hampshire Hotel - Rembrandt Square Amsterdam, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your review!
We look forward to welcome you again next time!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Given the great central location and the cost for the room, I would say this was a good deal. But of course a deal comes with a catch. The rooms are not that large, the bed not the best in the world. A bit of wear and tear evident in fixtures and fittings. Staff were all pleasant. So, not bad. (watch out for rooms on lower floors on the side of the tram - that will be noisy).

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room when you book. Definitely don't want a room on the road with the tram.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thomas h, Manager at Hampshire Hotel - Rembrandt Square Amsterdam, responded to this review, October 1, 2013

Thnak you for your comments on this website1
We will use these comments to improve our level of service!
We look forward to welcome you again!

Thomas Hoogervorst

Been to Hampshire Hotel - Rembrandt Square Amsterdam? Share your experiences!