“Nice hotel, good location” 4 of 5 stars

Hampshire Hotel - Rembrandt Square Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Amstelstraat 17, 1017 DA Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #183 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Valletta, Malta
“Nice hotel, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We stayed here one night (April 20 or 4/20) for €200+ because all other hotels were sold out. Although this was extremely overpriced, we received a Junior Suite with a lovely ensuite, walk in shower, separate tub, and a cheeky Heineken bottle cap opener fixed to the wall :) There was also an in suite Nespresso coffee maker.

Service was great (especially the concierge!) Free luggage storage on site. Convenient location on Rembrandt Square, plenty of restaurants and cafes nearby (including a large Starbucks)

Hotel room was clean except the carpet had some sticky spots on it (I wouldn't have noticed if I wasn't barefoot). WiFi was good.

Bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept in at a hotel - heavenly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Robert P, Manager at Hampshire Hotel - Rembrandt Square Amsterdam, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on tripadvisor.com. We are pleased to learn you had such a wonderful time in our hotel. We very much appreciate your friendly words and hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Lelystad, Flevoland, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

for work i stayed in the eden rembrandt square hotel last week.

it was a very good experience in amsterdam i had to date, the receptionist is very friendly.
rooms are beautiful and the service is excellent.

my room had a great view of the sqaure.
the staff is overall very friendly and made me feel welcome.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Robert P, Manager at Hampshire Hotel - Rembrandt Square Amsterdam, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to write your feedback on tripadvisor.com. We are - of course - very happy to learn you had such a wonderful time in our hotel. We thank you for your enthusiastic recommendation and hope to be able to welcome you back real soon. We wish you all the best until then!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Having just returned from this Hotel we thought it'd be appropriate to leave some feedback from our short stay!

Most of the reviews read gave us a positive feel before even arriving. Having arrived the concierge was an imposing man with the wickedest sense on humour I've encountered and the most helpful too. Bravo - Our stay was off to a great start!
Rooms were tastefully decorated, large enough, and really comfortable beds, although in places could've done with some TLC! A point I'll refer to a bit later!
The staff were courteous, well presented and wanted to help which is always very nice! And keen to improve their spoken English - Bonus!
Breakfast was well presented, hot and plenty of choice for those diverse breakfasting types! Even up to closing time. Again, a bonus if you inadvertently slept in (1030am)!
There was no adverse outside noise to spoil your evening in. Although there is some tram line work taking place whilst we were there. I suppose a best guess for completion would be a week or so?!
Be careful with the minibars! The slightest movement from any of the goods within registers on the hotel computer and there'll be a charge. If you do accidentally knock over or take out goods. Make the reception aware early.
A good point for interest and your pocket is use public transport to get to the hotel! Taxis are anywhere from 45-50 Euro from Schiphol airport! Whereas the train and tram will cost you a princely sum of 8 Euro per person one way! Trains leave every 15 mins and trams every 6 mins. The tram is number 4 or 9 from Central Station. Get off at Rembrandt Plein. Then 175 meters from there. Look for the FLO sign opposite wagamamas!

Just one moan really - The carpet in our room was awful in the extreme! Stains everywhere! Coffee/Tea/Wine you name it!
I know we were there to celebrate a birthday but didn't expect the 'Party' room! We are aware that a complaint at the time would've seen another room with better carpets, but chose not to say anything until check out. The answer was ours was the 'last' room to have the carpet changed!! Hmmm. A tall story perhaps! Nonetheless, steam cleaning would've probably made it more presentable in a very short period of time!!
Anyway, would we go back? Off course we would. It's central location is just perfect for all activities. Even the piano entertainment in the bar of an evening!
S&L South West England.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to write your extensive review on tripadvisor.com. We are - of course - very happy to learn you had such a wonderful time in our hotel. We thank you for your kind words and hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future. We are indeed in the middle of a re-carpetting project, but still gratefully receive your advice!

IRELAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

It is not easy find a suitable place to stay in Amsterdam! I was looking for somewhere modern, clean, central and not too expensive. Well I found the perfect place! I really enjoyed my stay here as the breakfast was great, the room was a good size and I could walk everywhere from the hotel. There are lots of nice bars and places to eat beside the hotel and there is a bit of a buzz in Rembrandt Square. There is a tram stop there too which is very handy for places slightly further away. The staff are very friendly- I have to single out the Concierge who was really helpful to us. There is so much to see and do in Amsterdam. It is a brilliant place to go for a city break and I would highly recommend staying in this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for room higher up in the building so as not to hear the general noise from the street e.g. Tram...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to write your review for Tripadvisor. We are - of course - very happy to learn you had such a wonderful time in our hotel. We thank you for your friendly words and hope to see you back real soon. We wish you all the best until then!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I actually really liked this place until I had to check out. The hotel is located in a nice and central part of Amsterdam, the rooms are spacious. The only thing I wasn't sure about is a glass door to the bathroom/toilet. Another thing was that they were claiming to have a 24-hour desk but they actually lock the entrance door near midnight, so no late night arrivals. It didn't bother me but I was just a bit surprised.
When I had to check out I was confronted with a massive queue of people at the desk. Obviously the hotel is understaffed since it can't cope with the amount of visitors. The girl the the check out said sternly that I have had to check out earlier and now I should go to the back of the queue and wait. And here I showed my weakness :) Since I already paid for the hotel room in advance I just put the entry cards on the girl's desk and said "goodbye". As a response to this the hotel charged me 25 euros for some wacky item from the minibar. I'm pretty sure I haven't used the minibar, the fridge was locked but I can't argue now since I didn't settle the things beforehand. I called to the hotel and they promised to investigate and call be back. They never did call back. Why should they? I'm not that important and pretty stupid. Obviously it's all my fault.
So if you happened to stay in this hotel check everything before you go home, don't rely on a good will since there is none.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Robert P, Manager at Hampshire Hotel - Rembrandt Square Amsterdam, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. As this matter has long been resolved we feel it will suffice to offer you our apologies again for any inconvenience cost at check-out.

Kind regards,

Malahide, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is very nice, rooms are a good size and very clean. Staff are friendly and I would recommend but with the following caveats....it is noisy at night with other guests making a lot of disturbance, the glass doors on a toilet are impractical and a little dangerous ( I don't really want to see my sharing companion sitting on the throne) and the breakfast room is very hot, breakfast is ok but not superb. There are a lots of god bars and restaurants around which are better value. Wifi is free and good quality.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Robert P, Manager at Hampshire Hotel - Rembrandt Square Amsterdam, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. We are happy to learn you had a pleasant stay in both our hotel and our city. We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future, please contact us directly for your booking so that we can discuss your room preferences.

uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with hubby for 3 nights, perfect location, perfect room, clean and beds are a god send after an long day out....overall a fantastic place to stay and am definately coming back to this hotel...loved it.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for writing your review for Tripadvisor. We are, of course, very pleased to read you had such a wonderful time in our hotel. We thank you for your kind words and hope to be able to welcome you back on your next trip to Amsterdam.

Hotel Manager

Been to Hampshire Hotel - Rembrandt Square Amsterdam? Share your experiences!