“Stunning” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam to your Saves list
Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Herengracht 542-556, 1017 CG Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Rembrandtplein)   |
Special Offer
Book Early & Save
Ranked #9 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“Stunning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I think the hotel is absolutely stunning with a service to match. The hotel is like a dream, all light, fresh and chic and has a real residential feel to it. I stayed with my two sons and they also loved it. we were pampered by the staff who did an amazing job.

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms 105 and 107 and those were gorgeous rooms with views on the canal and absolutely...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
RobertoPayer, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear Katia,

Thank you very much for your valued feedback. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with your family and that you experienced our True Waldorf Service giving by our attentive staff.

The team looks forward to welcome you back, please let me know when you would like to plan your next visit and if we can be of any service.

Roberto Payer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We stayed @ the Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam and the hotel is breathtaking. I love the design which is contempary classic with some abstract art! The hotel feels very fresh and light as well as residential. And the staff is very well trained and makes you feel very special and they all look beautiful in their custom made Jan Taminiau outfits! I took my sons of 15 and 7 and they loved it as well. They had a great time and were treated like little kings by all the staff!

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria

Dear Femke,

Thank you very much for your great feedback. We are pleased to hear you loved the design of the hotel as much as we do, you enjoyed your stay with your sons and you experienced our True Waldorf Service giving by our team.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Great decor, amazing location and impeccable service. Every little detail has been considered, from the amazing mattresses, the lush carpeting, the heated ceramic floors in the bathroom to the toiletry products. An absolute must!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Good afternoon,

Thank you very much for your well valued feedback. We are glad to hear you were happy with our service and location, and that you appreciated all the décor details that the hotel has to offer.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Just returned from an excellent trip to Amsterdam. Stayed at the new Waldorf Astoria. Th e Room as excellent. Large , extremely comfortable and well equipped. The bed was as comfortable a bed as I have ever slept in! with great quality linen.
The staff are naturally new to the hotel but without exception they were helpful , attentive and courteous. I begin to sound like an advert but genuinely a positive 2 nights.
If one negative was the fact that the restaurant only has 2 tables reserved for guests which meant we could not get in! Book the restaurant when booking the Hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Rob,

Thank you very much for your valued feedback. We are pleased to hear you experienced our elegant rooms and our True Waldorf Service giving by our attentive staff. I am sorry you couldn't enjoy our restaurant Librije’s Zusje Amsterdam, we would love to assist you with a reservation so you can experience our restaurant on your next visit.

The entire team looks forward to welcome you back, please let me know when you would like to plan your next visit and if we can be of any service.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Brand new hotel, highly motivated staff, nice and competent (and efficient) concierge.
Friendly atmosphere, beautiful and peaceful garden.
We had a beautiful, silent, big room (131) and were very pleased.
The room dining menu should be improved, the regular restaurant is said to be fantastic, who don't offer their specialties (or at least a part of them) also in the room dining menu?
Some small inconsistencies - like no outlets for the hairdryer in the bathroom - or some mistakes in the room service - but the staff is helpful, quick and competent.
So we were very happy and we liked it very much!!!!
Thank you!

Room Tip: 131 Junior Suite to the garden, very calm.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Good afternoon,

Thank you very much for your great feedback. We are glad to hear you were very pleased with the room and you experienced our True Waldorf Service giving by our attentive staff. We have shared your comments with our teams, which helps us to continue to develop and improve our quality in this department.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Waldorf Astoria for 3 nights during a business trip to Amsterdam. I was initially given a ground floor room with a very small window. Although the room was comfortable I found it claustrophobic. After one night I asked if I could move. Within 15 minutes I was moved to a room overlooking the garden with big windows. The rooms are lovely. Everything is new - soft white towels, crisp sheets etc. Other examples of good service: I went out and forgot to lock the safe where I had left my valuables. I phoned the hotel and someone went to my room and locked the safe for me. The concierge gave me an excellent restaurant recommendation and made the booking for me late on a Saturday afternoon. She had asked the restaurant to keep aside a few tables for her guests which was fortunate because I had already tried a number of restaurants and they were all fully booked. I had to have breakfast early on the day of departure. The staff were still setting up but made me feel comfortable and ensured that I had everything that I wanted. This really is a lovely new hotel. The staff are friendly and thoughtful and go out of their way to make you feel welcome.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
RobertoPayer, General Manager at Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Jean,

Thank you very much for your great feedback. We are pleased to hear you really enjoyed the new room that was assigned to you, and the service that was given by our staff.

The entire team looks forward to welcome you back, please let me know when you would like to plan your next visit and if we can be of any assistance in the future.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Note: This review only relates to the lobby service.

We met up with a family friend, who was staying at the hotel, for afternoon tea. Staff at the door are extremely attentive; it was raining heavily and we were escorted up the steps by an umbrella-ed doorman. The staff took our coats and promptly provided us with a coat check.

First impressions is that, unfortunately, the lobby is quite sterile. I fully understand the Dutch obsession for plain white interiors (good for spotting mosquitoes) but in a hotel of the Waldorf Astoria's standing I was rather hoping for a rather more extensive pallet; it is a bit generic Mc plainwrap.It is obvious that the hotel is brand spanking new; I am hoping that the interiors stand the test of time and rough tourists!

The food, on the whole, was average for a hotel of this quality; prices are in line with the 5* tag, be warned! Over 20 Euro for a toasted club sandwich is a little excessive, even more so for the somewhat limp fries. Selection of teas/coffee was good. Wine selection by the glass was interesting; primarily young wines though a little over priced for the age/quality. One would have hoped for something more classical.

I would recommend sticking to afternoon tea or a glass of wine if you are there to experience the 5* lobby. The staff are attentive (which for the Netherlands is quite a welcome experience). In saying this, there was, in my opinion, a shortage of staff on the day (a Sunday afternoon); the table was left uncleared for quite some time. This might be a small detail to some however in the luxury hotel market details are everything.

As a newly opened venture, the WA is still at the theeding phase. One hopes that the lobby service will continue to improve as the staff gain more experience.

Room Tip: Grab one of the comfy sofas if there with a larger party of friends.
Dear Alex,

Thank you very much for your valued feedback. We are pleased to hear you experienced our True Waldorf Astoria Service giving by our attentive staff. We have also learned from your comments about the restaurants, which will help continue to develop and improve our quality in this department.

Roberto Payer

Been to Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam? Share your experiences!