“667 Prinsengracht will see me again!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Eric's Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Eric's Bed and Breakfast
You added Eric's Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
667 Prinsengracht, 1016 HV Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Jordaan)   |
Ranked #80 of 306 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“667 Prinsengracht will see me again!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2010

I recently stayed at the "room with a view" apartment at 667 Prinsengracht. I am so glad that I did ! Eric was there to meet me at the apartment and answer any questions that I may have. I was then left alone to enjoy 667 Prinsengracht!

The apartment suited all my needs. It is on the two upper floors of a canal side house. You have your own private front door and then you have to climb two quite steep staircases which leads directly into your lounge/balcony area. There is then another steep staircase that leads to the bedroom and bathroom. All are spotlessly clean!

Location wise, I felt very spoilt! Right on the Prinsengracht canal! Having a balcony was a great bonus and fortunately there seemed to be no mosquitos around! It was really good to be able to sit by the balcony doors at night and watch the boats go by.......At the weekend, there was a little noise , but due to its fantastic location, this is to be expected. However, it did not prevent me from having a great nights sleep.

During my stay at 667, I walked everywhere and did not feel the need to use public transport. Shops galore including a supermarket are only minutes away.

Eric also ensures that any needs are met and when i reported a faulty iron, it was replaced within the hour. There is also a free internet/computer for guests to enjoy.

The apartment is also cleaned / bed linen changed every 2 days. Elias, Erics assistant is very pleasant and does a great job!

I really did enjoy my stay at 667 and would definately return as I enjoyed the location and freedom of an apartment compared to an hotel. Due to the steep staircases, I would not recommend the upstairs apartment for anyone who may have mobility issues. However, Eric also rents out his ground floor apartment which would be ideal in these circumstances.

Hope that the apartment is available on my next visit to Amsterdam!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

My husband and I loved staying at Eric's B&B. I am a compulsive internet researcher and I searched all over for a good deal in Amsterdam. When I was looking at hotels with rates comparable to Eric's, I could only find tiny rooms in hotels with questionable Trip Advisor ratings. Eric's B&B is an outstanding deal.
There are so many wonderful things about Eric's B&B-- Squeaky clean throughout; full kitchen w/ awesome espresso machine; computer & internet; beautifully decorated; awesome location; canal views; restaurants, shops and a market within walking distance. Eric and his assistant Elias are so very kind and helpful.
On the last night we were there, I did notice some noise coming from people out on the street. It wasn't enough to ruin my night and besides, I always carry earplugs with me when I travel.
I would definitely recommend this place to a friend or family member.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

Eric's B&B was the first stop on our recent trip to Europe, and it was a lovely apartment on a quiet street, conveniently located within walking distance to the tram. Eric welcomed us early in the morning as we landed very early, and took care to provide us with all our breakfast needs we had requested on email. He was quiet, but very friendly and helpful in giving us advice on the sightseeing etc. We had everything we needed in the apartment and felt right at home. It was spacious, fully equipped for making our own meals, the shower was hot and everything was spotless clean! Eric even provided us with a laptop for internet use, and came to fix the connection twice without hassle when we couldn't connect. Really enjoyed our stay there in Amsterdam, and it would have been perfect if only the weather was kinder to us.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Cumming, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

We just returned from a week's stay at Eric's B&B "Loft" in Amsterdam . Not only do I highly recommend this place for other travelers but we ourselves plan to return in the future.
This location of Eric's Loft is on the fringe of the main city loop & is very convenient to everything the city has to offer because the trams pass by but 2 blocks away.
The room is more like a city 'flat', with a small, fully equiped kitchen. There is a large open air 'flea' market and a great grocery store (Albert Heijn's) 2 blocks away, so it's perfect if the weather isn't co-operating or if you simply feel like staying in & preparing a meal.
The room was very clean and the neighbourhood very quiet. There is also free wireless internet service to keep in touch with family.
If Eric could have changed the unseasonably cold weather we experienced during our stay, our trip to Amsterdam would've been perfect :).

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Poulton Le Fylde, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

We had a very enjoyable 4 day break, the appartment is so much like a home we felt we had lived there a while. Centrally located, the appartment is within easy walking distance of Ann Frank's house, the town and the many attractions but should you feel you don't want to walk and soak in the feel of the beautiful streets and canals, then the tram system is only 200 yards away.
The computer allows you to look into the attractions and facilities and for us, stuck in the Icelandic Volcano Flights cancellation difficulties, gave us the ability to find and book our way home. The appartment is very clean and actually was cleaned twice in the 4 day visit. There is music, a sellection of videos, television for the teenagers and ample cooking facilities.
A real home from home.
We had a great stay, thank you Eric.
The Parker Family

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

spent one of my best birthdays ever here with two mates. off the beaten track, but a quick enough train/tram/bus/bike/cab ride to anywhere you want to go. close to many markets, restaurants and cafes; this place was SO much fun.

Eric is a god. SO nice and knows great places to go that no tour book can tell you about. this club, that bar, this restaurant etc. etc. PISSED I haven't made it back. BOOK WELL in advance. great breakfast for the money (we had a kitchenette). clean large room, very good price.

really sweet and caring dude, made the visit to holland truly enjoyable and carefree.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled with friends
London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

I went with my husband on a spontaneous, 24 hour getaway. We stayed in Room With a View, which I’d highly recommend – it was our tranquil escape after exploring the pleasures of Amsterdam. The location is perfect, the neighborhood is mixed (in the best ways) - its vibrant and felt safe. There’s lots of coffee shops and restaurants within easy walking distance. As for the apartment itself, it was spotless, spacious and very comfortable (w/ Wi-Fi which was a plus for connecting our iPhone and laptop). There was classical music, a bottle of wine (kindly supplied by Eric) and a balcony to watch the world go by. We couldn’t have had a better time in our 24 hour escape. We will be back!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Eric's Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!