“The Flying Pancake's Real Fireplaces Add To The Relaxed Cozy Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Flying Pancake B&B Amsterdam

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Flying Pancake B&B Amsterdam
You added The Flying Pancake B&B Amsterdam to your Saves list
Nieuwe Kerkstraat 153, 1018 VL Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Binnenstad)   |
Offers & Announcements
€20 off room rate
Ranked #50 of 306 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Alpha Centauri
“The Flying Pancake's Real Fireplaces Add To The Relaxed Cozy Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2009

The Flying Pancake's fireplaces attracted me for a cold January visit and Claudia's genuine warm welcome & helpfulness, fresh breakfast baskets didn't disappoint. Unfortunately, I arrived with a traveler's upset stomach, and Claudia offered some very helpful remedies that had me feeling better very quickly. I took advantage of the excellent location, 1+1/2 blocks, to the Carre Opera House and snagged last min. seats to sold-out "Le Mis" ! The grocery and tram stop are nearby, plenty restaurants, with the Artis Zoo and Botanical Garden just few blocks away . I found the apartment cozy and bright, and LOVED the decadent spa/steam-room shower and comfortable, restful bedding. The stairs can be a consideration, especially to the top sleeping loft. There was surprisingly good wine & beer available, other drinks, gourmet Illy espresso/capuccino maker, fridge, microwave, dishwasher, lite dining supplies, etc. Claudia obviously puts a great deal of care into her innkeeping reputation and it shows. I never felt neglected, always pampered, (even when personal tragedy, death of Claudia's father, suddenly and sadly occurred during my stay). Both units have the same features with the loft sleeping area at the top being the only significant difference. I enjoyed the privacy and convenient features of an apartment with the luxury of a breakfast basket full of fresh goodies left at the doorstep to enjoy whenever I decide to wake up. Bliss. IMHO. --Sandy

• Liked — comfort and amenities
  • Disliked — the ubiquitous stairs
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Bern
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2009

For the third time (unfortunately the rooms where both booked last year) I stayed for a business trip in The Flying Pancake and for the third time I was happy ;-). I really recommend this place for short and long stay because at the TFP you will feel like home...

The only thing I miss a a good make up mirror ;-)

• Liked — Locations, good value for money, steam shower
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2009

My fiancé and I had the pleasure of staying at the flying pancake. We found this truly amazing place looking for a fire place and steam shower. They offer both service and they offer it in a unique and charming atmosphere. Set in a wonderful Dutch house,the two magnificent suites are simply superbe. It feels like a five(5) Star Suite. I can Garantee that their is no better deal in Amsterdam. I can vouch for that because we had to look for other rooms since the Flying pancake was booked on the weekends. We stayed almost 3 weeks at the Flying Pancake and had to leave on the weekends. Waking up in the morning or sometime early afternoon and having our breakfast waiting by the door was heaven. I cannot forget to mention Caludia and her lovely Family who with their Grace and Kindness made our stay even more enjoyable. It was like Magic, like a honeymoon.....The Flying Pancake is truly the best place I've ever stayed in. Thank you Claudia.......Itzia.D.Aubut (Montreal Canada.)

• Liked — Claudia, Fire place and steam shower
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2008

We had a very nice stay at the Flying Pancake just before Christmas. Claudia is a very friendly and welcoming hostess and the accommodation is lovely. We particularly liked the little extra touches like the coffee machine and the christmas chocolates!

If you are looking for somewhere to stay for a short break in Amsterdam then we definitely recommend this bed and breakfast.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2008

My husband and I stayed in the Cooks Suite of the Flying Pancake for a long weekend from 22nd August until 25th August. We had a fabulous time.

Claudia greeted us on arrival, showed us around the suite and handed over our keys. We didn't see her again until we were going home and this was perfect for us. We prefer to feel that we are living in a place, rather than constantly bumping into the owner every five minutes. At the Flying Pancake you have a separate front door and key, so you don't feel that you are getting in anyone's way.

The room was very comfortable and the attention to detail was appreciated. We spent time in the steam room each morning before cooling down with a nice shower. There was a coffee machine in the room, a dishwasher, some complimentary spirits, Bang and Olfusen CD player along with a good selection of CD's, Ipod docking station, TV and DVD player and loads of DVD's to choose from. The couch was comfortable, the fireplace was lovely, and the fresh flowers were a lovely touch.

The bedroom was my favourite thing. It is literally in the eaves of the house, and it was one of the nicest places that I have ever laid my head. It was so relaxing. The bed is comfortable, but the actual 'space' was the thing that I loved. It was so cozy and welcoming. I know it sounds corny, but I really felt at peace there. It was a lovely place to fall asleep and wake up in.

Breakfast was a nice touch. It was served at 8.30 a.m. each day. This was a bit earlier than we would normally like, especially after a few drinks the night before, but Claudia has young children and is obviously very busy, so this was not really a problem for us. Put it this way, it got us out of bed each morning and we ate every scrap! It was nicely presented and left outside our door each morning in a cute little basket.

We had a fabulous time in Amsterdam. When we go back, we will definitely return to the Flying Pancake. If anybody on Trip Advisor complains about this place, then I truly think that this says more about them than it does about the accommodation.

• Liked — Cleanliness and comfort, along with complimentary laptop with free internet usage!
  • Disliked — Nothing at all.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2008

We (me, my wife and 11 month old twin boys) stayed 4 nights in Flying Pancake in beginning of April 2008. My opinion is that we could not find a better place to stay anywhere.The apartment has a lot of space, own stereo system, fireplace, etc and it is furnished extremely well. We had some doubts about having twin babies with us, but with help of the owner, Claudia, everything was perfect. We got the baby gots, high-chairs and even special yoghurt for babies. Each time when I`ll be in Amsterdam I`ll stay in Flying Pancake!

• Liked — Cleanliness, Claudia, space in the room
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
Calgary, AB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2008

I stayed at the Flying Pancake for 3 nights in June. Claudia greeted me and was an incredible hostess! She really went out of her way to ensure your stay would be charming. Breakfast was amazing and the room was so quaint. Just perfect if you are looking to get away from the hustle and bustle and just relax. It is not too far off the beaten path...short walking distance to everything! Fantastic kitchen and minibar, great stereo system (Ipod compatable), tv, dvd player, etc. The room was kept clean and who couldn't resist the ability to make your own cappuccino every morning! Did you know the shower doubles as a steam room! I paid a lot more money to stay at other luxurious b&b's and hotels in the area and would definately recommend this above all! I will stay here again when I come back. Claudia went above and beyond to ensure that I got to the airport on time...(even after I locked myself out)!...lol! She was so friendly, passed me on the street a few times walking to and from the property, always saying hello! For the price, it was really worth the stay.
Calgary, Alberta Canada

• Liked — It was within a short walking distance to everything and only 2 blocks from the Amstel River
  • Disliked — Like all houses in Amsterdam, lugging my luggage up the stairs
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Flying Pancake B&B Amsterdam? Share your experiences!