It is hard to write a review when so much is positive. To start, the location is incredible. It is walking distance to almost all the tourist spots. We actually walked to the house from the Centraal station, yet it is far enough away that you are definitely not staying in a train station neighborhood. Instead, you are staying in one of the most beautiful areas in Amsterdam, right on the gorgeous Singel canal. The rooms do not have canal views, but the main living room does. At the end of the day, my partner and I often found ourselves sitting in the living room looking out at the canal. We were so relaxed that one night we both feel asleep. This canal house has a common living room and full kitchen.
Vlad immediately made us feel very relaxed and welcome. Milo works the kitchen and ensures that everything is perfect. They often helped us plan our day with excellent suggestions. Breakfast involves a dining room table covered with food - bowls of fresh fruit, delicious dutch yogurt (which we call greek style in the US), croissants, breads, dutch pancakes and cheese ...
Everything was clean and spotless. The bed was very comfortable. The house is furnished with a beautiful mix of modern and antique furniture. The free wifi is so fast that I decided to just go ahead and write this review from here on our last day.
If you are looking for a quiet, comfortable place to stay with an authentic Amsterdam ambiance, this is it!
- Also Known As:
- Heren Bed & Breakfast Amsterdam Hotel
- Heren Bed & Breakfast Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Heren Bed And Breakfast Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amsterdam Bed and Breakfast'Home away from home' as our guests say. Heren Bed and Breakfast our second B&B, along with Maes B&B is located in Amsterdam the heart of the canal area and is truly a quiet retreat. All the home comforts as well as many extra's. A listed monument from the 18th century, a typically canal house which has been renovated with all the modern comforts. ... more less