“Atrocious.. Ruined Amsterdam for me!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travel Hotel

Save Saved
You added Travel Hotel to your Saves list
Travel Hotel
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Beurstraat 23, 1012 JV Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Red Light District)   |
Ranked #284 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
“Atrocious.. Ruined Amsterdam for me!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

One toilet between a whole floor of other small poky rooms.. Zero air conditioning any where.. Church bells going off every 15 minutes from 8.55am, leaving zero chance of any kind of lie in! The steepest stairs I've ever had to climb to get to our floor, it was like being in a lighthouse!

Then to top it off the miserable staff are arguably on Meth!

AVOID

Room Tip: 1st or 2nd Floor next to bathroom.. Don't stay up late because you will be up late!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

265 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Greek first
Amsterdam
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Didn't have the best experience. After we dragged our suitcases up 4 flights of stairs, we got to our room to find a sleazy man smoking with the windows closed in the room, not only did that make us feel uncomfortable he tried to harass 3 of us (young girls)while we were sleeping in the middle of the night which completely freaked us out, not that's the hotels fault but when we went down to reception at 4am to try and move room the man didn't really seem to take the matter seriously and asked us to give him another chance...?? So we we're pretty unimpressed. The room was so small and the shared bathrooms were dirty but I guess that's what you get for $30 a night.

• Stayed June 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed in the travel hotel for the first time on my 4th visit to Amsterdam and can honestly say I was very surprised at some of the bad reviews on trip adviser.

I was expecting something similar to next door "budget ben" as we have stayed there before and it has similar ratings as this place. Budget Ben is good for somewhere to sleep but that's about it.

The travel hotel is a perfect place to stay for young party animals (stag doo's, hen doo's, birthdays, people on sessions) it is clean, you don't get bothered by staff about noise, has 24hr bar and pool table. Rooms are very secure with electronic key cards and plasma tvs in the room.

The location is as good as you can possibly get, walk out the door and your In the action!! There is a coffee shop and supermarket bang next door for all your needs.

In the future I will be staying here, brilliant!

If you would like to know anymore about the hotel don't hesitate to contact me on Facebook, English language only please

Http://www.facebook.com/DJSTEELZ

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Clifton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed at the Mirage Hotel again for our anniversary.
The rooms are very clean. Love staying here for the pool
and service. Located on the strip around everything. Rented
a car at the main desk so easy. Good places to eat and the
slots were not bad.

Room Tip: Good value.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

In all respects it was absolutely terrible. The room was on the 6th floor and no helpers would be available to help an old lady and her grandauther to take the suitcase upstairs. There was no elevator. The service as such is not available. How can such a hotel be certified? It is unbelievable.
Prof. Alexander D. Portnyagin

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was doubtful of how my stay here would be after reading countless bad reviews. However I found my room to be (although extremely small) very clean and comfortable. I had no problems with my room and it was perfect for my short break. Its true that the stairs are steep and there are lots of them (we were on the 4th floor) but I did not expect any less from a building in Amsterdam. It can be very noisy at night as other guests come in at all hours a there is a bell that chimes every 15 minuetes however after the first night we had got used to it and managed to block it out for a good nights sleep. Perfect location as is close to everything, right in the middle of the city and easy to find. Nice and Simple.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Great hotel just round the corner from the coffe shops and red light district if thats what you are into. would recomend to anyone and the staff are very friendly. the price is perfect aswell for the location of the hotel

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Travel Hotel? Share your experiences!