“Complete Madness” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travel Hotel

Save Saved
You added Travel Hotel to your Saves list
Travel Hotel
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Beurstraat 23, 1012 JV Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Red Light District)   |
Ranked #286 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
“Complete Madness”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Basically me and a group of my friends went to Amsterdam just for a lads trip, and to get wrecked!
For starters we were a little worried about past reviews saying there was rats in hotel, and in rooms. But for 24 pounds each for the night, and the fact we were gonna be smashed, we didn't careless.

First of all on arrival we were greeted by an extremely rude woman, who spoke to us like dirt, when asking for my passport and I replied, "would it be alright to bring it down once I unpacked, as it is at the bottom of my bag?" she said to me is that so difficult, and at time i already felt like slapping her!
After more frosty reception from her, went to our rooms. First of all the steps are insanely steep, but staying in other places in dam, they are mostly like this so not really an issue.

Upon opening our hotel door, the first bed had some guy passed out in, we had a quick hello with him, then he dozed off again for 10 mins. I do like some extras in rooms, but another human being isn't what I was looking for. After 10 mins, he stumbled out of the door, and wished us well, which was nice :)

The rooms are very basic, but it has a nice enough shower, and mirror and hairdryer so was exactly what we wanted really, only negative thing about it is that the top bunk beds didn't have safety rails which we though would be an issue coming back smashed in early hours of the morning.

Down to the bar area, The first guy on the bar was chatty and friendly, and we all got on with him, but when returning ay 4am the other guy was very different. First of all I started drinking the bars washing up liquid, and then he informed me if I didn't stop he would ring the police, it was only a bit of banter, but this seem to offend him greatly, then whilst asking him if this really was a problem he refused to talk to me... Oh dear!

This hotel is decent if you simply want somewhere to rest your head, and it is very close to everything you need for a good piss up, just don't expect any good customer service, or be greeted warmly, unless Michael is on the bar, but I'm pretty sure he thought we were all fools too!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Greek first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

everything was fine at first, though the place was way too warm. it was like being in a dry sauna. my lymph nodes swelled to the size of golf balls during this time. the stay was sleepless which did not help my malady. i contracted skin condition from the uncleanliness of the towels or perhaps the wickedly stoned staff. maybe that is what they mean by a "staph" infection. my friens and i left early for hookers and other merriment to sooth my woes. i was much happier when we got back to london.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Amsterdam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Very easy if you just search something to sleep. It is located in the center of Amsterdam, in the middle of places to go out and eat. There are a lot of youngsters in the hostel, because the hostel is located in the center.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Amsterdam
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed here over New Years, the accommodation is clean and basic. We paid £195 per person for 3 nights for a quad room over New Years Eve which I thought was pretty steep, but apparently this is normal for Amsterdam over this period.

The main problem with this hostel is the staff. They don't give a monkeys, any of them. The staff on reception are all stoned and can hardly hold a conversation.. Or they just can't speak any english. Either way their rubbish.

Our room was so hot on the first night that it was impossible to sleep. My friends made this very clear to the staff and they assured us not to worry and it would get fixed. It didn't. This went o till our last night and basically never got resolved.

How hard is it to turn down a radiator?

Basically, 1 very simple problem that wasn't fixed plus crappy staff turns this 2star property into a 1star in my mind.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Monticello, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is a wonderful place to stay. Nice clean rooms, pleasant staff, very good breakfast, and very relaxing hot tub. The only downfall is the location of the Hotel is behind a Gentlemans Club and to get to it you have to know to go between The Waffle House and Christies down a driveway. After we learned this the first time around we didn't have any trouble getting to it and our visit here was very nice. Thank You Ramada Inn we definitely will stay here again when we are in Tempe.

Room Tip: I like downstairs room but we are old. The only trouble with this is the people above can be loud...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013

Stayed at Hotel Indigo December 22 thru December 25, 2013. I would recommed this hotel to everyone to stay at. The staff is amazing and very helpful with everything. The rooms and hotel were recently updated and I would rate the rooms as 5 star. You dont have to go far to get something to eat as they have a cozy dinning room on the ground floor and if you want a cool refreshing night cap The Bar tender Oscar was a delight to talk to. Happy Holidays for myself and my Husband by staying at the Hotel Indigo.. We definately will be coming back here to stay many times throughout the year.

Room Tip: located next to the Garden Walk Shopping and Dinning Center in Anaheim California and close walking...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Don't understand why people give this a bad revue, if you want The Ritz stay at The Ritz and pay The Ritz prices!
It was clean, warm, staff friendly and you could not fault the location.
We stayed in room 1 which was right next to the 24 hour bar which was good for us as we were a group travelling for 1 night and we didn't have to tackle the stairs at 5 in the morning!
We had a private room for 10 with 2 showers and a toilet and worked well for us, I think the people moaning about the hotel are moaning about the people they shared with and not the hotel.
Would recommend to a group on this basis without a shadow of doubt.

Room Tip: Lower floor rooms are easy for access but could be noisy
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Travel Hotel? Share your experiences!