“Mice all over the place” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Travel Hotel

You added Travel Hotel to your Saves list
Travel Hotel
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Beurstraat 23, 1012 JV Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Red Light District)   |
Ranked #285 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Mice all over the place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

First, the location was great and when we arrived, we liked our room, because we've had our own bathroom and it was clean. But then at night the problems began. We found a mouse running all over our room and when we asked the receptionist to get it out, he acted like he didn't care, he said that it's an old building and that it happens sometimes. So that night we didn't get much sleep, we sat all night in a hotel bar, where we found out, there were also mice there, because it had many holes in the wall. I would'nt reccomend staying here for people that have a problem with that.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Greek first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Great location, red light district 2 streets behind the hostel and 5 min walk from central station so very convenient! Reception was pretty rude and didn't know the area when asked but the Asian lady's were very helpful and would do anything for you.
The room was small but clean and met an awesome Canadian guy I spent a few days with but when he left I got some noisy guys in that played music at 4am and smoked joints in the room (very poor ventilation) but that's just bad luck.
I ended up in a 4 bed room and our allocated toilet was in the corridor while others were in the room which meant guys came from all over the hostel to use it when they wanted to "make some noise" so I didn't get to shower at checkout as it was busy.
The room was warm during the day but cool at night (2nd floor) but the guys on the 5th were dying. (You can borrow a fan for 10 euro deposit).

And if you can't negotiate very steep narrow stairs don't stay here but that's the same in all the places around unless you stay somewhere with a lift.

Wifi is still free in common room/ bar but doesn't work in rooms which is a pain.

Overall a good stay that would have been a lot better if you were in a group.

• Stayed September 2013
Aarhus, Denmark
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We booked two beds in a 4-bed dorm. The room really was TINY. And yeah, practicly everything was clogged, the sink -both in the room and in the toilet as well as the shower.. and also, it smelled!! Located close to both the centralstation & the tourboats -as well as beeing locade just at the start of Red Light District....

Amsterdam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Really enjoyed our stay there - all 5 of us were in a 5 bed-room, and it worked out great! Friendly staff, very accommodating. Good security. Central location in Red Light- can't go wrong with that!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Our initial thoughts on the hotel were friendly staff, fairly good facilities, and clean enough rooms. Then it all went down hill.
We were told that the microwave and kettle usage was fine at any time, but the staff had to operate them for us from behind the bar, however, when it came to asking for some hot water the woman behind the desk was extremely rude and had a very reluctant attitude towards helping us which we found very off putting. If you are really too busy to be polite when being asked to use facilities that are told to be provided at all times, then there should either be an area where people can do it themselves, or don't offer the facilities. All other staff members were especially helpful and we were impressed with their level of service.
On our final night in the city there was an incident with a man being sick all of the floor, which led to us being kept up all night, when eventually the police were called (which was a slight over reaction and resolved nothing as the man continued to lock himself in the bathroom in a four hour 'shower' whilst being violently sick and flooding the bathroom.) The guy in reception was lovely and helpful when this happened, we were very glad the awful woman was not there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Istanbul, Turkey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I stayed only one night İn Hotel Mercure Poznan Centrum in Poland and I had to stay in a room with 30 degrees Centigrad in August since air contioning was not working. They offered me to change the room at mid night. I already opened my luggage and settled in the room so I did not accep it at this hour of the day( 23:00) I had never had such a tasteless food in the restaurant of the hotel in my life. I think the personnel was not happy and they showed it with the service(!) they offered. I called the reception many times, nobody answered, I went down stairs to the reception. I carried my luggage to my room since the personnel was too slow. I recommend no body to take this hotel in your plans for the future.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I was well aware it was a hostel and this is the 3rd I've stayed in, in Amsterdam (this includes StayOkay Vondelpark and Hans Brinker). It's right next to Central Station and 5 minutes walk from Red Light District (I wanted to stay near Leidseplein). The room itself was OK, I was expecting to see bunkbeds so was very happy to see single beds, the bathroom clean, nice shower but wasn't very spacious. We was on the 3rd floor if I remember correctly and the stairs were very steep so if you're drunk I'd suggest you avoid walking down the stairs.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Travel Hotel? Share your experiences!