“Very nice, but only if you have business nearby” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Artemis Hotel Amsterdam

You added Artemis Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
Artemis Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   John M Keynesplein 2, 1066 EP Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #140 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Netanya, Israel
“Very nice, but only if you have business nearby”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

I just spent nearly a week in the Artemis Dutch Design Hotel in Amsterdam while attending a trade show at the RAI.

First of all let me make it perfectly clear. This hotel is in the middle of nowhere. Its in the middle of a business park that is deserted after about 5pm. There are no shops nearby, there are no restaurants nearby. There is one bus which can take you to the center (your best option), and the nearest tram and metro stations are a good 10-15 minute walk. A taxi to the center will cost you 20-25 euros depending on traffic and time of day. This hotel should be considered ONLY if you are visiting one of the companies in the immediate vicinity, or if you have no other option.

Having said all that, its actually a very nice hotel. It seems to be fairly new, its very modern and has a theme of featuring Dutch designers (hence the "Dutch Design Hotel" moniker).

The rooms are quite spacey, nicely furnished, comfortable beds and spotlessly clean.
There is free internet, breakfast has a good selection and the room service hamburger was OUTSTANDING.

All in all, its a very nice 4 star hotel. Just heed my warning on the location.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

The rooms are lovely! This is a new and fresh hotel, great breakfast area, spacious meeting rooms and a relaxing garden area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
St. Petersburg, Russia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2010

Hi All,
I stayed at Artemis hotel with my wife. We knew in advance that it is not in the downtown but Booking.com gave us a good offer and we decided to stay there moreover, at the photos it looked nice enough and high tech.
There are a couple of reasons I did not liked it and would NEVER reccomend it to anyone. My review all in all would say - if they put all the personnel away - they would earn more money.
1. The description how to reach the hotel was not written correctly. I was coming by car from Belgium and used their recommendations but it leaded me to the wrong direction.
2. The area around the hotel is ok, but there are just some office buidlding and that's it but as I wrote it was not a problem for us but it might be important for somebody.
3. We used a car to get itto the downtown and met no problems at all, but as I understand - metro station is quite far from the hotel and it is not nice enough to walk.
4. This item is number four, but I have had to make it first. Extremely BAD and TERRIBLE staff.
4.1 They were very rude when we came. They are very slow and there were a lot of people standing at the reception and I took my time to see how Artemis staff is doing their job. I saw a lot of European hotels but I NEVER met such an attitude even in Etap hotel. During my last years I staid all over the Europe and I know what is ok for the hotel reception but those people are absolutelyfar away from the service.
4.2. The kettle inside the room was dirty when we came. I visited the reception (not called them, but visited peronally!) and asked them to solve the problem. They promised me to replace the kettle. When we returned after 14 hours - the kettle was dirty!! Could you imagine that for 4* european hotel?! Me not.
4.3. The room is dirty, floor is very (!) dirty. Bathroom is dirty too.
4.4. The water temperature is constantly changing (does not depend on day or night time)
4.5.The show cabin is not closed properly so it is wet in the whole bathroom after you take a shower.

So, all in all I would like to inform all of you to avoid this hotel if you want to be served and treated in the right way.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

The only reason to stay here is if you are working in one of the office buildings nearby. The Artemis is a nice enough hotel with clean comfortable rooms at a decent price but there is NOTHING around it except a few office buildings for high tech companies.

The next time I go to Amsterdam I will stay in the city and take the #2 tram for the 15 minute ride out to this location for work. The closest stop is Louwesweg which is a 5 min walk from the hotel and nearby office buildings. As of Aug. 2010 the one way fare (payable on the tram) is 2.60 Euro. At least I'll have somewhere to go for dinner after work.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Ghent, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

We booked this hotel, to be close and in easy reach with the RAI, where we attended a Fair. The hotel is situated in a business park, but you can rent bikes, or take a bus to the city center. The rooms, are small but very well equipped. The hotel is calm, and the annex restaurant is a real plus. set downstairs, it has an outside terrace, where you can have diner along a canal and you have a view on trees and bikers...

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Brussels, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010 via mobile

We ordered a double room, they gave us a twin. The check in guy served a new check in first and then his colleague came. She said the double is an option as they are same price, but on website you clearly choose double or twin. I said she could upgrade us then, she said there were no rooms but she didn't check. We said we were leaving and she initially said she would charge us for parking...I was furious and she gave us a free ticket (obviously). Very unpleasant staff, horrible location, we stayed in NH Tropen which was lovely. Amsterdam was not full as horrible receptionist from Artemis shouted to us as we left. It was 15th August by the way...

• Stayed June 2010
Munster, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

Severe safety issues at the main entrance revolving door. my 3 year old daughter arm was trapped. Very poor support from staff after the incident. No complaint procedure available. No medical help offered.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Artemis Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!