“Good hotel to stay in, recommended ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Artemis Hotel Amsterdam

You added Artemis Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
Artemis Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   John M Keynesplein 2, 1066 EP Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #157 of 355 Hotels in Amsterdam
Munich
“Good hotel to stay in, recommended ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Very decent hotel, which is nicely designed. Maybe a bit far from the city centre for some, but those who don't mind a 15 min bus ride or 25€ taxi fee have a good option to stay. Nice spacious rooms with all that is required. Excellent breakfast possibilities, both in quality and quantity. Only downside was that our room was a bit on the dark side in the evening and at night, lacking adequate artificial light in the room and in bathroom.

Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We visited this hotel for my mums birthday. We were a group of eight woman family and friends. The hotel has beautiful art work along with beautiful, unique sculptures available to buy.
The layout of the hotel was great, the breakfast was fantastic and worth it. The rooms were of a generous size and very clean. The staff were very accommodating throughout. Providing blankets to sit outside when it was slightly windy. There cocktails; the best, the hot chocolate was amazing. The food was even good. Overall excellent stay, would definitely return and would recommend

Stayed July 2015, traveled with friends
St. Petersburg, Russia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

i did have 3 reservation for this hotel.First i stay alone 6 days.2nd was made for me and my boyfriend that live in Amsterdam and visiting me almost every day. On 2nd day of my 2nd reservation i was on way to gym when hotel security stop me in hall and insult me asking to leave hotel. I did complain that he is terrible behavior and must to apologize but he was very rude and ask me to leave hotel and that my reservation will be canceled and i got money back.i left hotel and wrote emails to hotel management and company whom this hotel belongs.Nobody respond! I dont get any money back till now!!! Booking.com ask hotels several times to return me money,but hotel respond that its not refundable reservation and i left by myself.i lost over 900 euros.Iam consulting with dutch lawyer now to open case on them or to write to Koninklijk Horeca Nederland or International Hotel & Restaurant Association

THEY ARE THIEVES !!!

• Stayed June 2015, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The service is really good! They are very helpfull and nice.
The food is also very good, and there are a lot of different types of food.
The rooms are nice and the bathroom is well cleaned. (When we first arrived it was a little bit dusty in the room, but it was no problem.)

Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Montpellier, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel is located ideally for my company. It needs some improvements. Welcome is below average. The restaurant looks fancy but the food is not very good and the choice are smalls.There is no tray to put shampoo and soap in the shower, you have to put the bottle on the shower floor with all the risks ...
Ok for a business stay, I won't recommend for a vacation.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Well after reading mixed reviews on this hotel me and my boyfriend decided to book, hoping it wasn't going to disappoint as it was our first holiday together and both of our first times in amsterdam. We arrived on the 14th June 2015 and were staying for 3 nights. When we arrived We took a cab from the airport as we didn't exactly know how far away the hotel was as we read it was in the middle of a business park (not a very big business park, as other people made out, which wasn't a problem) after being in the taxi for 5 minutes which cost 27 euro, which we expected as we read on reviews - do not pay anymore for a taxi as you are being ripped off. Taxis are outside the hotel all day if you are in a hurry or they can order one for you. When we arrived at the hotel - to which I can only describe as beautifully designed, maybe a bit artistic but that wasn't a problem. Staff at the reception spoke good English and were very friendly, we were then given our room key and sent to the top floor. We were shocked by how big and nicely designed the room was! Just for us two! If you are wanting to get to the centre the tram stop is only a 10 minute walk which we didn't mind as the weather was nice, through a little woodland and past a pond which led us to the tram stop where we would catch tram 2, which took around 15-20 minutes to get to dam square Reception staff will offer information about transport and tourist attractions including maps etc. me and my boyfriend got a 72 hour tram, train, bus and boat ticket from the airport which cost just 16.50 euro each which was worth the money as we were always using trams! The resteraunt in the hotel wasn't up to much, there was lack of choice although the bar is reasonably priced and it is nice to sit outside and have a drink in the sunshine as there is a lake and couches, though we tended to eat out every night. Although, we did order room service which is 24 hour, lack of choice again mainly pizzas but that suited us as a late night snack - the food arrived promptly. Cleanliness in the bathroom could of been a bit better - dust bunny but that didn't bother us that much. We stayed in the superior double room with a queen sized bed (which was big enough for another 5 people possibly and so comfortable -although no headboard). Over all I will most definitely be staying in the Artemis the next time I visit amsterdam, and the hotel definitely added to the brilliant time that we had.

Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple
Sandnes, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here a long weekend in April and just loved it. I love the concept of the hotel and everything was done with style. Breakfast was absolutely a highlight and the staff were extremely helpful. I think I had the best night’s sleep in this hotel in quite some time.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple