“Lovely hotel location is a downside” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Artemis Hotel Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added Artemis Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
Artemis Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   John M Keynesplein 2, 1066 EP Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #144 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Milford Haven, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel location is a downside”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Stayed here for 4 nights it's a lovely hotel very clean and nice staff. The distance from town is a bit too far but the local tram service is reliable and easy for visitors. The only downside we had at the hotel was the iron in room as the one we had was burnt and destroyed some of our clothes when we asked for a replacement or a spare we were told that they couldn't help us. Usually we take our own with us but as it was advertised we didn't bother so I would advise people to take their own. On arrival and departure the staff were quick and helpful and the one staff member who I believe was maintenance was always friendly and chatty when passing and made us laugh.

• Stayed September 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Me and my partner have just returned today from a one night stay at this hotel. The staff were amazing. They were so friendly and helpful and they even let us check in early! The rooms were lovely and clean and the beds were so comfy and huge!! The only thing that let us down was the location. It's a ten minute walk to the tram stop and then anything from a 15 to 30 minutes tram ride (depending on where you wanted to be) to the city. This hotel is great for maybe a business trip or for visitors who are looking for a more quieter location to escape the busier parts of the city. Anything else I'd suggest looking for somewhere closer to the centre.

• Stayed October 2014
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Although it a bit out of the city and hard to find when you first arrive we found this hotel to be a lovely, clean and modern place to stay. The bed was comfy and the bathroom was big. Would defiantly stay here again when we next visit Amsterdam.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the Artemis for 2 nights whilst I visited Amsterdam with friends. I must say very lovely and modern hotel situated in a very lovely part of Amsterdam. Although the hotel is a 15 minutes tram journey into the city center it's not too far from Schipol airport. Regular buses one Mondays to Fridays from a bus stop located less than 2mins walk.

Staffs at the hotel were very lovely, booking us taxis and ensured we got into the right taxis each time we ordered one.

The rooms are very spacious and has enough natural light coming in. Irons and ironing boards are provided in the wardrobe as well as a small refrigerator in each room. The TV in the room has various tv stations to suit your language. I would definitely recommend this hotel and if I am in Amsterdam again , I will surely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the top floors!
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My boyfriend&I stated here for 4 nights while visiting Amsterdam.
The hotel is about a 15 minute tram journey from the city centre so its a bit far but we soon realised this was an advantage as you can escape the craziness&recover from your various antics!
We stayed in a room with a Queen size bed which was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in,so much so we decided to stay a day in bed.
The room was clean,spacious,warm&modern.
We received outstanding service from all hotel staff who could not have been more helpful than they were.
It was not very expensive in price but I would advise giving the hotel restaurant a miss.
The only real complaint I could make is that on the morning of check out,we got a rather abrupt wake up call to remind us to leave before 12 or else we would be charged an extra €50
Overall I would recommend this place to everyone but especially couples.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Me and my husband have just returned from a weekend break to amsterdam. I got a good deal on the dutch design artemis via ebookers. I didnt read the reviews properly and was very annoyed to discover how far away from the centre of amsterdam the hotel was ( my own fault ) Taxi fares where ridiculous ( 35euro to dam square ) so the next day we tried the tram, managed to reach the tram stop after a 10-15 minute walk then another 20mins on the tram. So unfortunately once we went out we had to stay out for the day. The hotel room itself was OKAY but the bed sheets were never changed in 3 days and the sheets barely covered the bed, 4* it is NOT. ONE pillow on each bed ( baring in mind i booked a double not a twin so me and my husband had to push the beds together, hardly romantic ) Other than this it was a pleasant stay. As a tourist i wouldnt stay again. It is more suitable for business people.

Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Recently stated here for three days with my partner on a long weekend in Amsterdam. The hotel is only a 10 minute bus ride to the airport and a 30 minute tram ride to the centre of Amsterdam (plus 5 minute walk to the tram stop). This distance to the centre of the city is perfect as it keeps you away from the noise of central Amsterdam, a true blessing.

The food at the hotel is lovely and the restaurant staff are excellent. I did prefer eating at the hotel over eating out in Amsterdam and the prices are not greatly different.

The rooms are good and have all the facilities you need. They are kept clean and tidy.

My only issue with this hotel is the housekeeping. Every day I stayed here the housekeeping would take away our dirty towels but not replace them. So every day I had to call down to reception to have towels delivered to my room. Secondly, the housekeeping would not clean or replace dirty mugs we used with the in room coffee facilities. The dirty mugs were left each day. The final and most irritating point about housekeeping was the door bell. They would wake us up everyday between 8:30 and 9am by ringing the rooms door bell to see if they could come clean the room.

Apart from the minor niggles above this is a great hotel.

• Stayed September 2014

Been to Artemis Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!