“Enjoyed my stayed!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Artemis Hotel Amsterdam

Save Saved
You added Artemis Hotel Amsterdam to your Saves list
Artemis Hotel Amsterdam
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   John M Keynesplein 2, 1066 EP Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #137 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
Spijkenisse, The Netherlands
“Enjoyed my stayed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

From outside this hotel looks great. The interior is very chique, Just like the boutique hotels. I won this stay via hotelkamerveiling.nl and I had the highest bid. Check-in was OK. After I went to the room I sensed a strange smell in the room. The shower didn't work and the trash bin in the shower still had trash from the previous guests. I reported this to the front desk and they gave me another room. When I was in the room I heard someone opening the door, first I thought it was the housekeeping to assist me with the shower, but instead it was another guest. The front desk sorted everything out and I give them a big thumbs up for handling problems.Overall I had a great stay. The bus stop is behind the hotel, so that is a plus. And on the main road the stop to schiphol.

Room Tip: Always choose a higher room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

After reading trip advisor reviews on this hotel I was very nervous about going, but as soon as we arrived this disappeared. This is a fantaastic hotel, the staff are helpful and friendly, the rooms are very nice, with very comfortable beds, the breakfast is really good and the hotel generally has a very good quirky design.

In regards to the location the tram is a 5 minute walk away and to get to the cenral squares taks about 15 minutes, which isnt bad at all. It is located within a very quiet business area, so you are guaranteed a good nights sleep.

I would highly recommend this hotel if you are looking to stay in Amsterdam.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

We have been to Amsterdam a few times as we LOVE it there.... We are so pleased that we decided to book the Artemis, the location of the hotel was great, the staff were so helpful, Room was a normal spacious standard room and breakfast catered for all needs (i'm a fussy eater)!!!
We actually didn't want to come home!

This time we decided that we wanted to stay outside of Amsterdam centre in a quiet location, this was the best decision as it was so easy to get into the Centre of the city at any time of the day.

Already looking at dates for us to come back!!! :-)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in January with my partner. I have to say I was very impressed. We were greeted by the hotel staff and made to feel very welcome from the outset. Our room was ideal for what we needed, beds were very comfy - just what you need after a day walking around the city!

Ok so the hotel may not be in the city centre but this does not matter its only 20 or so minutes away, the trams run every 10 mins and they are cheap! In fact getting away from the hustle and bustle of the city at the end of the night is actually quite nice.

I paid £260pp for 3nights (including flights) and I have to say it was one of the best city breaks I have done- for the same money I have previously stayed in some aweful hotels in the centre. I would rather have a nice clean, tidy and comfortable hotel and grab a tram!

Its the first time I have been on a City Breack and not felt like I need another break to get over it!

This hotel will not dissapoint!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights in December. The hotel rooms our modern, spacious and comfortable, perfect for relaxing in after being out all day. We found 3 days to be just the right amount of time, we checked out Museums, went shopping, went on the canal tour and enjoyed long walks around the city. There is so much to see you won't run out of things to do. Hotel is a short tram ride from town but worth it due to the standard of the rooms.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Appleton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Like many others I stayed here only briefly for a business trip, so not really long enough to try all the hotel offers. That said the check in and out was efficient, the taxi arrived on time, the room was clean and nicely decorated, and the hotel itself placed well for local business.

Nothing that wowed me, but at the same time nothing to be negative about...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I stayed here for a business trip as the Amsterdam offices for my company are very close. It is quite far from the centre and not an easy journey so not really a tourist option. The hotel itself is quite stylish and the rooms are fairly clean but show some signs of wear, perhaps a refurb is due soon. The breakfast was not included and at 25 euros, it was a very expensive option for business users with very little time to have more than a quick bite.
Evening meal - we had an evening meal there as a group of 40 staff, most of which had travelled in from various European countries. Recognising the difficulty in feeding such a large group, the trip organiser from our company arranged a choice of 3 options for each course. As a vegetarian, this left me only one option. The starter was a creamy soup, served in a coffee mug, with no bread. My main course consisted of, one medium sized mushroom covered in tasteless melted goat's cheese, sprinkled with salad leaves and very sour cherry tomatoes. Colleagues who had ordered the stroganoff or the burger waited 30 mins for the side dishes of fries and salad to arrive. Most of the burgers were uncooked, and one colleague had to return his to the kitchen. Some time later it was represented, the same burger warmed up in a fresh bread, still with raw meat in the centre. Despite the notice and very limited other diners, the staff were over stretched and inefficient. A bad option for food, an ok option if you need a box room in that area of Amsterdam.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to Artemis Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!