“Very interesting hotel, great service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lloyd Hotel

Save Saved
You added Lloyd Hotel to your Saves list
Lloyd Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Oostelijke Handelskade 34, 1019 BN Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #145 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Very interesting hotel, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Lloyd was impressive, if you are looking for something out of the ordinary and enjoy top service. If you like the big chain hotels with no personality then don't stay here.

The rooms are quirky but we loved the location and the staff were great. Breakfast is fantastic!

• Stayed June 2014
TheLloydHotel, Manager at Lloyd Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thanks so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure having you and your family stay with us. I hope you have a fantastic time in the Hague and hopefully you will visit us again. Anne sends her love!

810 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The hotel is special, that is for sure.

My 2 star room was not nice at all. The shower in the middle of the room - freezing cold.

The bed and pillows was too soft and the quilt way too hot for June. No curtains so the sun will wake you up.

The room had no facilities - except the smallest TV I've seen since 1982.

Location not too great either. Best thing about the hotel is the spanish restaurant next door.which has great tapas.

Room Tip: Go for a 4 or 5 star room - my colleagues who were fortunate enough was happy with their (pricy) roo...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
TheLloydHotel, Manager at Lloyd Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
I am so sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I wish that you had let us know at reception that you weren't happy with your room. We would have been more that happy to show you around and you could have chosen the room most suited! It is also never a problem to change the bedding if you would have preffered something lighter.
Hopefully you wil chose to stay with us again so that we have the opportunity to find the perfect room!
Stellenbosch, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A wonderful hotel - friendly staff, went out of their way to provide me with an early check-in, and helped me when I left my laptop in the room at check-out! Highly recommended. The area is accessible and although a bit quiet, a very nice pub and restaurant just across the street.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Daniel,
I am so glad that we were able to help in returning your laptop, I would be lost with out mine!
I will let our reception know that your laptop reached you, they will be relieved! Hope to see you again on your next trip to Amsterdam.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel is super retro very chic very and minimalistic. Way better than staying downtown Amsterdam where all the noise is at. Roest bar next to the hotel is a must visit. Definitely one of the best bars I have been gone out to. Also super alternative/hipster much like Lloyd hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
TheLloydHotel, Manager at Lloyd Hotel, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thanks for your great comments! I am so glad that you understand our concept and that you liked the neighboorhood. Amsterdam East is really near us and some some great "off the beaten track" spots too! Please make sure to ask us for tips on your next stay.
Look forward to seeing you again.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I have stayed at the Lloyd 6 times and I absolutely love it! You can choose between 1 and 5 star rooms, most of them being completely unique and modern. A wonderful change from cookie cutter rooms. The location is away from city bustle and only a short tram ride to Central Station or other spots in the heart of Amsterdam (the tram being a block away). The staff is always incredibly cordial and helpful in any way they can be. The restaurant serves excellent meals in a beautifully sunlit room as well as an outside patio area. If you're looking for a unique and enjoyable stay in Amsterdam, I would highly recommend The Lloyd!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The hotel's concept of 1 to 5 star rooms all in the one establishment leads to an interesting and enjoyable atmosphere, with quite a mixed set of customers in age and approach to travel. It also gives you options. I had booked a 2 star room, found it a little cramped and upgraded to a 3 star room and was delighted with the new room, particularly its quirky architectural solution to fitting a good bathroom in to the existing space.

The internal and outdoor eating areas are delightful and the food is excellent without being expensive. It's a 20-30 minute walk to the city but easy access to trams and buses and the walk itself is great.

Room Tip: Go for the 3 star room. Worth the difference in price over the 2 star
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Jenny,
Thank you for your lovely review. I am so glad that we were able to find the perfect room for you! We only meet our guests on arrival, so it isn't always an easy task to fit the right room to each guest without knowing their tastes. So it always helps when our guests let us know what they are hoping for.
I hope that you chose to stay with us again if you decide to tour Europe again!
Amsterdam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Economy room - so expected a poor room but got the equivalent of a prison. communal areas are lovely though! Be prepared for them to take a £200 deposit on arrival which i was not informed of! excellent location, take the 26 tram to centraal station, takes 5 minutes from the tram stop opposite.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Harry,
Thank you for the review. I am sorry that your room wasn't to your taste. I have spoken to our reception staff about the comment concerning the deposit, I completely agree that our guests need to be informed correctly concerning the deposit requested on arrival. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel and the area.
Kind regards, The Lloyd Hotel Team

Been to Lloyd Hotel? Share your experiences!