“Excellent short stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lloyd Hotel & Cultural Embassy

You added Lloyd Hotel & Cultural Embassy to your Saves list
Lloyd Hotel & Cultural Embassy
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Oostelijke Handelskade 34, 1019 BN Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Special Offer
Early Bird Special
Ranked #128 of 346 Hotels in Amsterdam
Boston, Massachusetts
“Excellent short stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

Hotel is super retro very chic very and minimalistic. Way better than staying downtown Amsterdam where all the noise is at. Roest bar next to the hotel is a must visit. Definitely one of the best bars I have been gone out to. Also super alternative/hipster much like Lloyd hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
TheLloydHotel, Manager at Lloyd Hotel & Cultural Embassy, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thanks for your great comments! I am so glad that you understand our concept and that you liked the neighboorhood. Amsterdam East is really near us and some some great "off the beaten track" spots too! Please make sure to ask us for tips on your next stay.
Look forward to seeing you again.
Kind regards, The Lloyd Hotel Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I have stayed at the Lloyd 6 times and I absolutely love it! You can choose between 1 and 5 star rooms, most of them being completely unique and modern. A wonderful change from cookie cutter rooms. The location is away from city bustle and only a short tram ride to Central Station or other spots in the heart of Amsterdam (the tram being a block away). The staff is always incredibly cordial and helpful in any way they can be. The restaurant serves excellent meals in a beautifully sunlit room as well as an outside patio area. If you're looking for a unique and enjoyable stay in Amsterdam, I would highly recommend The Lloyd!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

The hotel's concept of 1 to 5 star rooms all in the one establishment leads to an interesting and enjoyable atmosphere, with quite a mixed set of customers in age and approach to travel. It also gives you options. I had booked a 2 star room, found it a little cramped and upgraded to a 3 star room and was delighted with the new room, particularly its quirky architectural solution to fitting a good bathroom in to the existing space.

The internal and outdoor eating areas are delightful and the food is excellent without being expensive. It's a 20-30 minute walk to the city but easy access to trams and buses and the walk itself is great.

Room Tip: Go for the 3 star room. Worth the difference in price over the 2 star
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Jenny,
Thank you for your lovely review. I am so glad that we were able to find the perfect room for you! We only meet our guests on arrival, so it isn't always an easy task to fit the right room to each guest without knowing their tastes. So it always helps when our guests let us know what they are hoping for.
I hope that you chose to stay with us again if you decide to tour Europe again!
Amsterdam
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Economy room - so expected a poor room but got the equivalent of a prison. communal areas are lovely though! Be prepared for them to take a £200 deposit on arrival which i was not informed of! excellent location, take the 26 tram to centraal station, takes 5 minutes from the tram stop opposite.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Harry,
Thank you for the review. I am sorry that your room wasn't to your taste. I have spoken to our reception staff about the comment concerning the deposit, I completely agree that our guests need to be informed correctly concerning the deposit requested on arrival. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the hotel and the area.
Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I was in Amsterdam just for one night and so I have canned see all of the hotel. But I was really good for the price ! Take just the 2 stars room to have a personn shower.
And the personnal is very comptent. I was a problem for the booking with my credit card and the morning after I recevied an email from the hotel to help me. (special thank to Mister Bas van Rooij from the hotel for the help). Good holiday :-)

Room Tip: 2 stars rooms
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
TheLloydHotel, Manager at Lloyd Hotel & Cultural Embassy, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in Amsterdam and that our staff were able to help with the credit card issues.
I hope to welcome you again in the Lloyd Hotel on your next trip to Amsterdam.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I liked the arty and quirkiness of the hotel and it's in one of my favourite areas of Amsterdam and within easy access of the centre. I like the idea that all the rooms are different and they are unusual. The bed and bedding were absolutely superb and really comfortable. I wasn't so keen on the shower being in the middle of the room with no surround but it was ok. My room had lots of green metal cupboards on the wall which was unusual. The only real downside was that you couldn't shut the blinds if the window was open and the blinds let in lots of light so I was woken up early. I found it a bit expensive and wish that breakfast would have been included in the price. But overall I had an enjoyable stay and would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
TheLloydHotel, Manager at Lloyd Hotel & Cultural Embassy, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Dear Jackie,
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed you stay and that you appreciated our concept. Just in case you didn't know in addition to our extensive breakfast buffet we also offer an a la carte option.
I look forward to welcomming you on your next trip to Amsterdam.
Looe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

A great hotel run by great people with effortless style and charm. Beautiful, cleverly designed rooms, a marvellous location, good food, lots of airy space - and an art gallery. All wrapped up in an extraordinary, beguiling building. Really, what more could you want? Well, you'll probably end up wanting to live here, but a weekend is the next best thing.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
TheLloydHotel, Manager at Lloyd Hotel & Cultural Embassy, responded to this review, June 15, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderfull review. I am so glad that you had a great stay and that you appreciated our concept! Please feel free to contact us directly should you wish to stay with us again.
The Lloyd Hotel Team

Been to Lloyd Hotel & Cultural Embassy? Share your experiences!