“I was worried” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lloyd Hotel

Save Saved
You added Lloyd Hotel to your Saves list
Lloyd Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Oostelijke Handelskade 34, Amsterdam 1019 BN, The Netherlands   |
Ranked #145 of 343 hotels in Amsterdam
Etten-Leur, The Netherlands
“I was worried”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

when I booked this hotel as I had read a few bad reviews but nothing was further from the truth. I had booked a 3 star room and was perfectly happy with it...a large shower and toilet. comfortable beds...the room was on the small side but who comes to Amsterdam to sit in a hotel room...the hotel staff where very good and helpfull, the breakfast staff fantastic nothing was too much for them...some people may think 17,50 euro is expensive for a breakfast but it is a royal breakfast I only had cheese on toast, coffee and juice it was about 10 euro's for two...the only down side was the weather..it blew a gale and rained all day...I went to the Design Icons which is held in the area, that was also great.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jim,
Thank you for your positive review! We hope to welcome you again in the future and we will have a fingers crossed that you will be experiencing better weather!
The Lloyd hotel Team

804 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Corsham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I was booked into this hotel by a colleague as it was relatively near to my conference hotel which was full I arrived late and was given Room 001 which was in the basement. The room was stunningly bland, with no pictures, fully tiled floors and some weird but unusable furniture in the room. No wardrobe, heating all turned off, light bulbs that looked like they had been removed from a U-boat and pipes running everywhere. Little did I know that one of them was the down pipe from toilets above. After going to bed and tuning off my 1985 TV set, with no remote, I heard someone going to the bathroom from what sounded like in my room, next to my head. I noticed the silver wrapped down pipe and asked to be moved. I was moved to an upgraded room - 003. This was very similar but without the down pipe, and with a bed that had to be entered from the end as it was in a sort of bunker. The staff were all fine though, and the restaurant was equally OK. I guess the trick with this hotel is never let them put you in the basement and on this basis I have to score them very low.

Room Tip: Never let them put you on Floor -1: it is as close to a modern dungeon as you could expect and the...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Peter,
We are disappointed to read about your dissatisfaction of the room choices offered to you at The Lloyd Hotel. In addition, thank you for letting us know about the faulty TV remote, we fixed this immediately. In the design of the Lloyd Hotel we aimed to create diverse and unique room experiences ranging from 1 – 5 stars for all types of guests. We would very much like to welcome you back in the future, as we are confident we can find a room that you will enjoy. Please contact us directly if you would like this opportunity.
Kind Regards,
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

This hotel has rooms from a very affordable 1 star (where you share a bathroom) to 5 star where you get a totally unique room. We stayed in the 5 star room (607) where you'll find a huge bath in the middle of a loft-like room and a swing. This room is all about being different instead of being luxurieus. We did not have a mini bar and the tv was super small, but we enjoyed the amazing views and quirkiness of this place. The breakfast was the best we've ever had and the staff is super friendly. Amsterdam is a busy city and even on the 6th floor we could clearly hear the sounds of the street (trains/trams etc) It did not bother us, but for others this might be an issue.

Room Tip: We had a 5 star room with bath in the middle of the room, we are convinced it is one of the best roo...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Alexa,
It’s very nice to read that you had such an enjoyable stay and that you liked one of our beautiful 5* rooms so much! It’s always nice to get compliments, especially compliments regarding our friendly staff make us proud (and smile). Thank you!
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

Having read reviews and looking on their website I knew this hotel was where I would like to stay. I was not disappointed. My room was so well designed. It is kept spotlessly clean. There is a lively atmosphere in the Hotel and friendly staff.

Room Tip: I found the staff at the hotel helpful for this as each room is distinct
Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Christina,
Thank you very much for your positive review of the Lloyd Hotel! We are so pleased to read that you had a positive stay and that you enjoyed the atmosphere and friendly staff in our hotel. We hope to welcome you again in the future!
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

The building had a Charles Rennie Mackintosh feel to it, slightly institutional but relaxed, quirky and welcoming.
Breakfast was good. Dinner was excellent. We stayed in the 2 star room which was exactly what we needed, basic, spotlessly clean and the bed was very comfortable

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
St. Albans, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Tram 26 from Central Station - only a few stops. An unexpected and pleasant experience - this is not a "hotel" as one normally expects, but an interesting slice of history and I recommend walking up the stairs and to study the picture gallery. My room 524 was a dream! I certainly come again!

Jan Harlan

Room Tip: I don't know about other rooms - breakfast and food in general was excellent - I can't say a...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

The Lloyd Hotel is an innovative concept that offers the choice for a 1 to 5 star hotel room. Thanks to this you get a nice mix of people, especially in the lobby/restaurant - which also offers a variety of prices on the menu. When I was there there were musicians (with cool 1980s Mercedeses), bankers, teachers, artists: a pretty cool mix. The lobby is nice for chilling out, with big couches, a huge Christmas tree (when I was there) and really good apple pie. What I especially like, in addition to the mix of people, is the environment and the heritage of the building. When you walk around the KNSM island and IJ shore and check our the combination of old and modern buildings you get an idea what it was like here with ships arriving from other continents during the 19th century. The Lloyd hotel was a waiting place for passengers for ships that left only a couple times a month. It also served as a prison before being turned into this hip hotel. Located close to the city centre, central station and the zoo it offers a nice stay.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Lloyd Hotel? Share your experiences!