“Good enough” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #202 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Good enough”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel we stayed was good for price, comfort and location. We stayed 3 nights and were enjoying walks to city centre and around. Room was small but we weren't there to spend time in hotel, so for sleeping was good enough. Receptionists were all nice and helpful. Mattress remembered better times and we could hear occasionally other neighbors conversation, but still would recommend this hotel for budget travelling. Amsterdam is beautiful and curious city and Dutch people generally very nice and polite.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Just stayed at the hotel 13.03.15 - 16.03.15 It was a short stay. I had the small room, but I did not pay for a large room. It was clean and comfortable. The staff were really helpful and friendly. Advising which trams to get and where, also recommending local restaurants too. At night time though you can hear doors shutting, but I am a light sleeper. That said I would stay here again as its not in the main centre of Amsterdam. Tram 4 will take approx 10 mins to get there at e2.90. A good restaurant to eat approx 10 mins away is the monte verdi. from domino's pizza take the 3rd turn on the right. Walk up the road a short distance hotel nl museum quarter is on the left. The restaurant itself is on the right hand side. pizzas are 7 euro and really good.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2015

This stay was really just about having a convenient location for a business meeting the following day. A colleague booked the hotel so I didn't have a say as to the size of the room. Upon arrival, I was greeted by a polite receptionist who did all of the usual and gave me my key. I can't remember the room number. However, I recall that the room was rather small. Of course, I was comparing it to previous hotels I'd stayed at, and "small" for one person is not necessary "small" for someone else. The bathroom struck me as being functional, but in need of some modifying/touching up.

I went out for dinner in the evening (can't remember where right now - it was a nice, modern place nearby that did great steaks (that's all I can remember). That's pretty useless, I know, but I can at least tell you that it's a left out of the hotel door, about a 10-minute walk. Still pretty useless, I admit! I'm going from 10-month-old memory, remember!

There were some wifi inconsistencies, but I suspect that had to do with peak times. Ordinarily, most hotels I stay at have high internet traffic, perhaps because of people like me trying to Skype their wife and children.

Breakfast was fairly simple, but just fine. No complaints in that regard.

As with most hotels I've stayed at, there were other guests who felt they had a right to walk and talk as if there were a competition to see who could make the most noise. This is not a fault of the hotel. Some people are either just that ignorant, or are inconsiderate. Earplugs have become a close friend.

I wasn't so sure if I wanted to stay there again (although I did, and will add that review as well) purely based on the size of the room. HOWEVER, I later learnt that the hotel had different room sizes with very reasonable rates to "upgrade".

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
hertfordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2015

Stayed for 3 nights for a weekend break, hotel staff friendly & helpfull on arrival, pointed out some local places to eat, room was clean & comfortable, basic accomodation but was'nt lookng for more!
a little way out of the centre (about 20-30min walk) but this was perfect for us, could get away from the hussle & bustle, but could also enjoy exploring the central area.
The hotel was a bit noisy at times, but didnt have any problems sleeping. Room was cleaned daily. 24 hour bar at the hotel also.
we had a room at the front of the hotel overlooking the park

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2015

The place needs updated for a start the hotel was noisey couldnt sleep at night and at weekend it was worse durning the week the room was backed onto by a school so you were also woke up early by school kids. The room was basic but the bath that the shower was in was a death trap as it runs at an angle and is only about 3ft long. The stairs off hotel were also death traps as they were very small and steep.the bed sheets were not changed the whole time we were there. The view you looked at was that off a run down garden with weeds and rubbish all over the place. only positive thing about this hotel is free wifi but depending on time could be very slow

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2015 via mobile

Reading through the other reviews I think they must have stayed somewhere different. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful, they had great local knowledge and gave us a map with details of all the places we wanted to visit, they also told us which trams to get.
The rooms are small, but you still have plenty of room in their comfy double bed and quite spacious bathroom. The rooms were warm but not too hot to sleep in like other hotels I've stayed in. It was very clean and our room was made up every day whilst we were out.
There is a primary school behind the building, but I only heard noise at around 9.30, which by then I was on my way out to explore!
If you have only come to Amsterdam to stay in your room and not explore, this place isn't for you. It makes a perfect base to return to and relax, but the real adventure is outside.

• Stayed January 2015

Been to Aalborg Hotel Amsterdam? Share your experiences!