“Great stay with a lot of charm” 5 of 5 stars
Review of misc eatdrinksleep

Save Saved
You added misc eatdrinksleep to your Saves list
misc eatdrinksleep
Kloveniersburgwal 20, 1012 CV Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Special Offer
Special offer for YOU!
Ranked #22 of 345 hotels in Amsterdam
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Great stay with a lot of charm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2010

Small and unique hotel with only 7 rooms - which makes you feel like a guest in the owners home. The owners are really friendly and helpfull, the rooms are really nice, clean and spatious - with a free minibar, tv and comfy beds. The location is really good esp. when you are on foot - and the hotel has bikes you can borrow aswell.
Overall good value for money and perfect personal service!
Please go...

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

373 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

Superb old canal house hotel 2 minutes from the centre and very quiet. Great rooms full of character with huge comfortable beds and good quality pillows. There was a complimentary mini bar which was restocked each day and and free broadband. The breakfast was excellent and the hosts Rachel and Pepijn were friendly and very helpful. We will definitely stay there again.

Orange County, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2010

We just returned from a three night stay at Misc Eatdrinksleep and we concur completely with the high ratings this hotel has received on TripAdvisor. The location, while in a busy, youthful area of the city was great for us. We took a train from the airport to the central station and the hotel is an easy walk. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go and, as Rachel and Pepijn mentioned in an earlier reply, the proximity of the Red Light District is truly a non-issue. You need to walk several blocks to get there and we had no problem avoiding it save for a brief curiosity-satiating visit.
Rachel and Pepijn were gracious and helpful. Our room was large, light and clean; contrasting with the tiny room we had stayed in in London the day before. We stayed in the Rembrandt room which is in the front on the hotel and while there was some noise from the street the bed was so comfortable that sleep was tough to disturb. Misc also provides a white noise machine, but we really did not need it. We did visit one of the back rooms and, if you are sensitive to even minimal noise, that would be the way to go. The breakfast was excellent, particularly the breads and pastries. After the canned orange juice that seems to be everywhere in Europe, the fresh-squeezed orange juice at Misc was a pleasant surprise. While the common area is a bit cluttered we know from past trips that this is Amsterdam; space is at a premium and I'd rather have it in my room than in the entryway!
As mentioned, the neighborhood is somewhat youth-oriented. There are four coffee shops ( where the pot is more important than the coffee) on the same block and it is only a few doors from University of Amsterdam but we felt perfectly safe and despite being in our 50's enjoyed the vibe.
We used to stay at the Canal House (20 to 30 years ago!) and were disappointed when we found it to be closed for renovations. No longer. When we return, Misc eatdrinksleep will definitely be in our plans!

exmouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

I would highly recommend this guest house, Rachel and Pepijn are excellent hosts, nothing is too much trouble. I have stayed in A,dam prior in cheaper accomodation that is half the price but all you get is a shoebox. At Misc Eatdrinksleep you get excellent value for money. You get a free mini-bar and room safe, the bed is huge and comfy which is welcoming after a long day out, our room was light with big windows and plenty of space. Bathroom was fine with bathrobes provided, hairdryer, etc, etc Location is the best for the centre and attractions, Breakfast again excellent. As others say its also the character of the traditional dutch building and personable approach of the owners that set this place apart. We walked everywhere from here, no need for a bus or tram, the furthest walk being Liedesplien which is worth a visit and thats only 20mins max, Vast majority of attractions within minutes. PS. Pre booking some attractions on internet saves queuing up. Keep it Dutch - stay here.....you'll be glad you did!!

kingston upon thames
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

what an amazing hotel, easy to locate from train station, warm welcome , bags taken and restaurants booked ..nothing is too much for these guys . room was clean , quiet .... u were left alone to come and go , breakfast more than i could ask for .... and will b expecting from other hotels:-}, i will go back as it is so central to the city and sights ... love the red light district , visited kop van jurt for dinner very reasonable and chilled , have mint tea its fab and refreshing...

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

This wonderful 6 room hotel was perfect for my daughter and I for the night. The location is central to all exhibits, landmarks, and sightseeing - most within walking distance. Knowledgeable suggestions for food and we were not disappointed. Homemade breakfast served in the morning was delicious and felt like home with Dutch touches to make it special. Beautiful view, easy access, typical European room style - larger than most in my experience. Wish we could have stayed several nights, will definitely book there again when my husband joins me in the spring for another trip to Amsterdam.

• Stayed October 2010
London, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

In Amsterdam I have tended to stay at the corporate 5*s and always feel like I am in a processing plant, and not always an efficient one at that. I deciced to give Misc. a shot just for a change and I would be telling fibs if I said I was not a tad anxious about what I would find. I loved it! Yes it is small and dare I say a little quirky but I felt more comfortable here than I can remember being in a hotel in a long time. Normally I dread breakfast at the big hotels, never mind the 25 euro buffet rip offs, the food is usually naff. In contrast my breakfast at misc was comfortable, relaxing and guess what really excellent.
I deducted one star for value simply because I booked late and paid 165 euros which a iittle on the high side but more than made up for by the team carrying my luggage up the stairs (we are talking narrow and steep), booking taxis, calling my restaurant to say I was running late. A real gem.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to misc eatdrinksleep? Share your experiences!