I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel and totally disagree with the negative review posted recently by someone from Brazil. It is true that the hotel is located on the fringe of the Red Light District and if you are prudish, definitely do not stay here. I found the location to be excellent - walking distance to all major sites. Pepijn and Rachael are wonderful hosts. They gave us helpful hints as to places to go, restaurants, made reservations, in summary, they made us feel at home. I will certainly miss their breakfast, which is included in the room rates.
The room was about right for a canal house and had a lot of charm. It had a lot of amenities, including a bathrobe and the refrigerator, where everything was free of charge. The rooms do not have air-conditioning, but it was very cold during our stay, despite the fact that it was summer, so it was not a problem. Our room faced an inner garden so it was very quiet in the evenings.
I would not recommend this hotel for a handicapped person as the stairs are quite steep and there is no elevator. Be sure to read their web site carefully. They are very honest in terms of what they offer and their rooms and for me, there were no surprises.
If I return to Amsterdam, I would stay there again. I found it to be an excellent value for the price.
- Also Known As:
- Misc Eatdrinksleep Hotel
- Misc Eatdrinksleep Amsterdam
- Misc Eatdrinksleep Hotel Amsterdam
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Misc eatdrinksleep is a lovely little hideaway located on a wide canal, close to the picturesque Nieuwmarkt Square, in the heart of the historic city centre of Amsterdam. This modernized 17th-century canal house features just six personally styled rooms. Each is a unique mix of style, charm and practicality, and overlooks either the canal or a fetching Amsterdam secret garden. We offer exceptional hospitality for the cultural pilgrim, the hopeless romantic and weary business traveler alike. We hope that our unique canal house hotel becomes your home away from home in Amsterdam! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, TripOnline SA, HotelsNL and Venere so you can book your misc eatdrinksleep reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.