The worst thing about misc eatdrinksleep? That name - which makes it sound like some kind of capsule hotel or backpacker hostel, rather than what it is - a wonderfully individual, romantic hotel right in the centre of Amsterdam. Rooms are delightful, individually decorated and overlooking either canal or garden. All are equipped with good coffeemaker, toiletries, robes, big comfortable bed, good lighting and a gratis minibar - no alcohol (a small bar downstairs provides that) but chocolate, snacks and soft drinks, all included in the room price - a first for me, but typical of the way the place is run. The owners are friendly and extremely helpful without being in any way overpowering - all in all the place is a perfect example of what 'customer focus' should really mean (and very rarely does).
Downsides? Some people might find the canalside rooms a little noisy - if so, then ask for a garden room. And the stairs are very steep and narrow, but this is a traditional Amsterdam house and that's the way they work. I can't comment on the breakfast as I was leaving too early in the morning, but if the plate of fruit, bread and local cheese that was left in my room was any guide, I'm guessing it would be better than acceptable.
Getting here from the airport - unless you're laden down with luggage, don't waste money on a taxi. Fast train is 20 minutes and a few euros, the walk from Dam Square to the hotel is interesting and takes between 10 and 15 minutes. Note that although the hotel is on the edge of the red light area, you need never know it, and the Niewmarket square which it sits on is great for a couple of beers and a spot of peoplewatching. Plenty of cafes and restaurants around too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Misc eatdrinksleep is a lovely little hideaway located on a wide canal, close to the picturesque Nieuwmarkt Square, in the heart of the historic city centre of Amsterdam. This modernized 17th-century canal house features just six personally styled rooms. Each is a unique mix of style, charm and practicality, and overlooks either the canal or a fetching Amsterdam secret garden. We offer exceptional hospitality for the cultural pilgrim, the hopeless romantic and weary business traveler alike. We hope that our unique canal house hotel becomes your home away from home in Amsterdam! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, HotelsNL, BookingOdigeoWL and Hotels.com so you can book your misc eatdrinksleep reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Misc Eatdrinksleep Amsterdam
- Misc Eatdrinksleep Hotel Amsterdam