I can't say enough good things about this hotel! The owner's were so friendly and even setup a canal tour for us within the first hour of us being there. The boat for the canal tour was small, open, and extremely quiet, which I would much prefer to the huge, enclosed ones where you probably couldn't get many good pictures or much of a tour. They also gave us great advice on where to eat, where to shop, which museums to skip, etc. They were very easy to talk to, but gave you space and privacy as well.
They had a free smartphone app with an offline map of Amsterdam that we could use throughout the city (no data needed), which was a godsend. The app also had attractions, restaurants, shops, etc that they recommended.
We stayed on the top floor with air conditioning because I have allergies and asthma. The room was huge with a minibar and fridge (everything in it was free and they refilled it everyday!) and a table. The shower and toilet were in separate rooms, which is convenient.
The owner's sister has celiac disease, so she knew how to handle my gluten intolerance very well! I did mention when I was booking "gluten free food if possible, please" when booking.
The breakfast was huge and amazing. Definitely the best I've ever had in a hotel and probably even in a restaurant. They had gluten free bread and gluten free granola (more than enough for my huge appetite over 4 nights), so I got to eat everything that my friend did :) I sent pictures to my family right away because I was so excited! They served us Dutch strawberries, cheeses, and ham, which were really great. They made everything fresh, and served breakfast until noon. They weren't even mad when we showed up at 11:30 or 11:40. :)
The location was good too. Near Nieuwmarkt, which was nice to go out for drinks at night. Relaxing atmosphere.
I would highly recommend this hotel, and I will definitely stay here again when returning to Amsterdam :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Misc eatdrinksleep is a lovely little hideaway located on a wide canal, close to the picturesque Nieuwmarkt Square, in the heart of the historic city centre of Amsterdam. This modernized 17th-century canal house features just six personally styled rooms. Each is a unique mix of style, charm and practicality, and overlooks either the canal or a fetching Amsterdam secret garden. We offer exceptional hospitality for the cultural pilgrim, the hopeless romantic and weary business traveler alike. We hope that our unique canal house hotel becomes your home away from home in Amsterdam! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, HotelsNL and Odigeo so you can book your misc eatdrinksleep reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Misc Eatdrinksleep Amsterdam
- Misc Eatdrinksleep Hotel Amsterdam