We were very happy throughout a week-long stay in our canal view room at misc eatdrinksleep. The room was spacious with enough room to walk around and to sit in a chair or at the desk during downtime. The large bed was extremely comfortable, and the pillows were of high quality, so we slept wonderfully. Occasional street noise was not enough to bother us. The coffeemaker and small refrigerator stocked with water, drinks and snacks were very generous and convenient. The shower and soaps were nice and the towels were very good.
Breakfast was a treat, multiple courses including coffee, orange juice, baked breads, nice jams, fresh fruits, ham and cheeses, eggs, bacon and croissants cooked to order and served in a pleasant bright eating area.
The narrow steep circular stairway was a workout, but we are age 60+ empty nesters and we did not mind the climb. (We did appreciate help with our luggage, which was offered and provided without our having to ask for it.) We enjoyed the experience of staying in an authentic canal house in the center of the city, and taking in the canal views from our windows.
The location is excellent for walking everywhere. We walked to Centraal Station to the north, the Rijksmuseum, Concertgebouw and Vondelpark to the south, through the Jordaan to the west and to the Sheepvartmuseum to the east - all points of the heart of the city were walkable from this location. Our walking excursions usually took us through Dam Square one or more times per day; we enjoyed experiencing this busy historic area at all times of day and evening.
Misc eatdrink sleep is not a big fancy hotel, but for an affordable, good quality, exceedingly comfortable place to stay which provides generous amenities and very much supports sightseeing throughout the city, we were very pleased with our choice and would recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Misc eatdrinksleep is a lovely little hideaway located on a wide canal, close to the picturesque Nieuwmarkt Square, in the heart of the historic city centre of Amsterdam. This modernized 17th-century canal house features just six personally styled rooms. Each is a unique mix of style, charm and practicality, and overlooks either the canal or a fetching Amsterdam secret garden. We offer exceptional hospitality for the cultural pilgrim, the hopeless romantic and weary business traveler alike. We hope that our unique canal house hotel becomes your home away from home in Amsterdam! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and HotelsNL so you can book your misc eatdrinksleep reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Misc Eatdrinksleep Amsterdam
- Misc Eatdrinksleep Hotel Amsterdam