“Great stay in Amsterdam” 5 of 5 stars
Review of misc eatdrinksleep

Save Saved
You added misc eatdrinksleep to your Saves list
misc eatdrinksleep
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kloveniersburgwal 20, 1012 CV Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Special Offer
Special offer for YOU!
Ranked #21 of 344 Hotels in Amsterdam
Longmont, Colorado
“Great stay in Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Great location in Amsterdam. Red light district is just around the corner but far enough away not to see. Great bars in the neighborhood. Rooms are clean, comfortable and spacious by European standards. The hosts were wonderful and helpful in every way.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Rachel and Pepijn have a gorgeous hotel and also have an apartment to rent. We have stayed at both places multiple times and would highly recommend. Both are fantastic central locations. Walking distance everywhere and trams close by. There are stairs though so you need to be prepared to take your suitcase up the stairs (although most times Pepijn will be there to help!).

Well priced, lovely rooms and fantastic service. We will go back and stay each time we return to the beautiful Amsterdam!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, AB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband & I stayed 3 nights in early August. Hosts Rachel and Pepijn were helpful and attentive, securing advance tickets to Van Gogh Museum which moved us to the front of a long line-up. We stayed in the "Wonders" room, which was 1 flight up a narrow staircase, typical in Europe. The room was clean and bed was very comfortable. Best of all were the many drinks and snacks that were replenished daily, at no charge! Spaces in Europe are typically small... this bathroom would benefit with more shelf space for personal items. The location was perfect. We walked to and from the Central train station easily as well as walked the town from this darling B&B. Watch for the address as you can easily miss it when walking by the first time:) The pass keys for the building and room worked well and we felt very safe. Breakfast was delicious, plentiful and served with love. There was an abundant array of reference books to browse and plan your stay. The internet and A/C worked well, too. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: We stayed in a garden room and though one could hear neighbors, it got quiet early even on a weekend...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

If you're looking for great location, spotless comfy accommodations with beautiful, canal view, fabulous breakfasts, wonderful helpful hosts ...and did I mention free mini bar filled with drinks and snacks each day, then misc eatdrinksleep is the perfect Amsterdam spot for you. We loved our 4 night stay there-cant wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed in the Rembrant room here for a long weekend for my partner's 30th. The hotel was lovely, really kitch with beautiful flowers everywhere.

The Rembrant room was a good size, with fully stocked mini-fridge with beer and soft drinks which was free. We had a canal room and didn't notice it as being noisy as other people have commented.

Breakfast was great and really delicious, with lots of yummy cheese, bacon and juice.

The couple who owned the place were lovely and friendly. They helped arrange a surprise birthday cake for my partners birthday which was really helpful, and gave us loads of tips on the local area. The location is really good and we walked everywhere.

The taxi driver we arranged through the hotel, although a bit more pricey than a usual taxi, spoke excellent English and gave us a really comedy tour of Amsterdam there and back which was hilarious, so I would definitely recommend him!

Room Tip: The rembrant room was a good size with lovely canal views. Go cheese tasting at raepanaeer it was g...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I've stayed here before, except this time they've added air conditioning to the front room I stayed in. The air conditioning was more than adequate at keeping the room cool, which meant I could keep the large canal view windows closed. As a result there were no summertime mosquitoes in my room and it was much, much quieter than if I had to keep the windows open.

Besides that, the breakfast was cooked-to-order anytime before noon...a great way to start the day. Exactly when and how I wanted it. Rachel and Pepijn are always helpful with directions, attractions, bookings, and insider recommendations to restaurants off the beaten path.

And at the end of the day when I've forgotten to pick up a few things at the Albert Hijn, there's a nice fridge with free goodies in it along with free wifi to help make plans for the next day. =)

Well done...again!

Room Tip: Rooms on the canal side are larger, have air conditioning, and have excellent canal views. Rooms on...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Istanbul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

In 2007 I stayed at Hotel Misc for the first time, and for the last six years I could never imagine staying anywhere else. I can't say enough about this hotel and most of all, the owners, Rachel and Pepeijn, They are largely responsible for the way I feel about Amsterdam and the reason I go there so frequently. I usually travel alone and they provide a truly safe and comfortable haven for me. There is just no substitute for the kind of hospitality and personal attention I receive every single time I visit. But I’ll give you a few. During one of my most recent visits (February 2013) I was staying at one of Rachel and Pepeijn’s rental apartments and I got very ill about two days after my arrival. When I told Rachel, she hopped on her bike and brought me a bag full of supplies so that I didn’t have to venture out to the grocery store. On multiple occasions (in fact, I have a habit of doing this), I decide to extend my trip by one or two days and if the hotel and apartments are booked, Rachel & Pepeijn make it their business to find me a place to stay that is near them and reasonably priced. They simply take their guests’ comfort and satisfaction extremely seriously and they will do whatever it takes to make you feel like you are home.

As for the more practical reasons why I stay at Misc…

Location: The hotel is centrally located and only a two minute walk from the Niewmarkt Square Metro station and about 15 minutes walking distance from Central Station. The Red Light District (RLD) is just a city block over and unlike what some may think or say, it is extremely safe. In fact, you don’t even notice how close you are to the RLD until you just bump into it. I’ve walked through it many times and I’ve never had any problems. In fact, it’s quite entertaining.

Rooms: I've stayed in almost every room available and each of them is unique and full of charm. The mini fridge is a great plus. It’s stocked daily with snacks, water, soft drinks, and beer; all FREE. And as a woman, I always appreciate and love the beautiful and unique fresh flower arrangement in each room. Depending on the time of year, the canal view rooms are a bit more noisy than the garden view rooms. But if you go on new years or Queens Day, like I did, you should expect that anywhere you stay. On the flip side, you have a front row seat to the street parties and excellent people watching. I guess it’s all about how you chose to look at it.

Breakfast: This is honestly one of my favorite things about the hotel. The breakfast is delicious. Freshly squeezed orange juice, eggs made to order, ham, bacon, cheeses, freshly baked breads and croissants, and a lot more. You almost don’t even need to eat lunch. The dining area is quaint and a great place to meet the other hotel guests. It truly feels like a small community.

Tours/Activities: Rachel and Pepijn can and have arranged all kinds of tours on my behalf, including a canal boat tour and getting museum tickets. They also have their very own Hotel Misc bikes that you can use to explore the city. **Ask Pepijn about the best apple pie in town...

In closing, I consider myself lucky to have stumbled upon this little gem of a hotel, Rachel and Pepeijn.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to misc eatdrinksleep? Share your experiences!