“FUN PLACE TO SAY IN AMSTERDAM” 5 of 5 stars
Review of misc eatdrinksleep

Save Saved
You added misc eatdrinksleep to your Saves list
misc eatdrinksleep
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Kloveniersburgwal 20, 1012 CV Amsterdam, The Netherlands   |
Special Offer
Special offer for YOU!
Ranked #22 of 345 hotels in Amsterdam
Brisbane, Australia
“FUN PLACE TO SAY IN AMSTERDAM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Thank You Trip Advisor for helping us to find this great hotel.
Dont be put off by the quirky name. This is not your normal Tourist Chain hotel. It is a boutique hotel in a great location in Nieuwmarkt. Amsterdam is a very walkable city and Misc eatdrinksleep is an excellent base for an Amsterdam visit. The Niewmarkt district is very central and has great restaurants, bars and shopping. An easy 8 minute walk to Dam Square, 2 minute walk to Chinatown and about 10 minute walk to the main rail station and harbour. The Red Light district is located on a canal behind Chinatown, but there is absolutely no issues in staying at this hotel. The hotel is located on a canal which is quiet, safe and delightful.
Each hotel room is individually themed and decorated and very comfortable. It has the normal steep and narrow staircase of an Amsterdam Canal House, but your luggage is quickly carried upstairs to your room - and downstairs again on departure.
We had a canal view room and were not disappointed. Did not experience any noise at night, but our four night stay was not over a weekend. The free mini bar in the room is a bonus.
The included breakfast is individually prepared for you each morning including eggs, bacon, ham and continental as required. And very good coffee.
If you are coming from the airport, take advantage of their limo transfer service - fair pricing, clean car and driver provides a short tour of the city on the way to the hotel.
Owners Rachel and Pepjin are friendly and helpful and enjoy hosting you in their boutique hotel.
Very good all round value in an excellent location.

Room Tip: Front rooms have a canal view and although we did not experience any street noise, other reports men...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

370 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

We booked this hotel for a 4 night stay because of reviews on TripAdvisor and were very happy with our choice. It is in a great location - a short walk from the main train staion and all the sights we wanted to visit. We had a canal view room on the top floor and it was very large and comfortable with the free Minibar being a definate plus. It was a bit noisy but not too bad and didn't disturb our sleep. Being on the top floor our room was quite hot so we had to keep the windows open all the time -there is no airconditioning. I notice all the other reviewers mentioning how friendly and helpful the hosts were - this was a bit of a disappointment - we hardly saw Rachel and Pepjin we found quite gruff and not very friendly at all. When I asked for some places he recommended he just replied - I don't know what you want so how would I know what to tell you ? - I was a bit disappointed after the reviews mentioning their friendliness. Gabriel was obliging and helpful but very quiet. All in all we were happy with this choice but probably not as thrilled as some other reviewers.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Well, my trip to Amsterdam wouldn't be so perfect if I wasn't at MISC hotel.

LOCATION = Just the best you can get. You can go walking to any place of Amsterdam (Centrum, Rembrandplein, Waterloo, Leidsplein, Joordan, Dam Square, Red Light, etc). But with a plus: its street is a beautiful canal street and very silently. So you have a peaceful place in the heart of Amsterdam. And to be honest, it was the most beautiful canal I found in Amsterdam. I reached the hotel came walking from Central Station in 15 minutes.

STAFF = Again, just what you would dream of. Rachel and Pepijn (the owners) are very very kind, they talk with you about everything, give you precious tips, are available to help you anytime and with anything. And I cannot mention also the super Gabriel, who did all of our breakfast, carry lug ages, etc. Without this guy Misc wouldn't be the same neither.

ROOMS = I got a room facing the Canal as I asked, in the floor I asked (1st floor) I thought it could be a little noisy but I was wrong, everything you can hear is the beautiful bells of the South Church (our protector in this trip :) ) . The beds are really nice and big, the room designs and creativity are awesome and you have EVERYTHING a 5 star hotel would offer you, from an iron, till speedy wi-fi, very spacious safe, etc. Plus a Nespresso Machine with Chocolate and 3 kinds of Coffee and a Mini Bar with free beverages, beers, chocolates, candies, snacks, etc.

SHOWER = I need to make a specific topic about this. Why? Because it was the BEST shower I ever took in my life!!!!! I am dreaming with it again, seriously. I am intending to buy something like that to my house. It was just wonderful and with products by RITUALS, which I knew there and been to their store and bought almost everything from them! What a shower!!!!!

BREAKFAST = You can expect to have a great hot or cold chocolate, black coffee, different breads kinds, 3 or 4 kinds of cheese, 2 kinds of jelly, orange juice, eggs, etc....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights on our honeymoon travels and wish we stayed longer! The hospitality was great, the rooms are each appointed differently with their own themes, and the location could not be better! And Kitkat is there to greet you, just like at home. We found the Dutch are such friendly people and at the hotel it was no exception. The breakfast was pretty darn good to. We will deffinately be back!

• Stayed May 2012
Ulsteinvik, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

I guess we din not Know what to expect, but we where surprised in a different way when we arrived. Our suitcase was carried up 3 steep floors, and I felt a little sorry for the man (owner) tatt did it. The room was big, a lovley bed and ok bath and wc. We did have sone sleepingproblems, since our room was facing the street/chanal. A lot of shouting, partying and music at 3,4,5 at night. Next time we Will Ask for a room facing the garden.
The service was Nice and the breakfast was personal, since Therese made what ever we wanted. The time we where there it was 30*C and very hot. The have no aircondision, so we had to have the windows open, so therefor all the noice.
It was great to have a shuttle service, to pic us up and Get us to the AirPort

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

A big thank you to Tripadvisor reviewers who pointed me in the direction of this outstanding Hotel.
I have been here for 2 days now and on a 5 week trip around Europe, this has been by far the most outstanding service I have received.
Warmly greeted after arriving late, my (extremely heavy) case carried up 2 flights of stairs to my room for me. Every detail of the room explained thoroughly, the expresso machine, tv and wifi.
The mini bar (beer, chocolates, soft drinks, chips, biscuits etc) is free, thats right, FREE.
On walking back down stairs, I was handed a map of the city and all the sites that need to be seen pointed carefully out and marked down for me.
I am in th Rembrandt room and the size of the bed is insane. It is HUGE and also very comfy.
Breakfast in the morning 9 - 12 and earlier if requested, is superb. Fresh breads, cheeses, meats and eggs cooked to your liking with bacon if you wish.
The shower is powerful and has either a rain shower or hand held shower head, hot water is plentiful
The wifi is strong and reliable and also free.
Each time you come in you are met with a pleasant smile and asked if everything is ok.
Just stay here folks, I promise you won't regret it !!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Alexandria, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

Not too far a walk from central station, even with luggage. After check in, they gave recommendations and reservation for a great dinner, and we walked the neighborhood. Early breakfast request was no problem, and full, made-to-order breakfast waited at 7:00. They arranged cab to airport, and took care of every need. The rooms were unique, and comfortable. I would highly recommend this, unless you're looking for big, American style chain restaraunt. Misc eatdrinsleep is the opposite of a Sheraton, but in the best ways.

Room Tip: The higher floors are a little quieter. Canal side, while pretty, is a little noisier than the gard...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to misc eatdrinksleep? Share your experiences!