Thank You Trip Advisor for helping us to find this great hotel.
Dont be put off by the quirky name. This is not your normal Tourist Chain hotel. It is a boutique hotel in a great location in Nieuwmarkt. Amsterdam is a very walkable city and Misc eatdrinksleep is an excellent base for an Amsterdam visit. The Niewmarkt district is very central and has great restaurants, bars and shopping. An easy 8 minute walk to Dam Square, 2 minute walk to Chinatown and about 10 minute walk to the main rail station and harbour. The Red Light district is located on a canal behind Chinatown, but there is absolutely no issues in staying at this hotel. The hotel is located on a canal which is quiet, safe and delightful.
Each hotel room is individually themed and decorated and very comfortable. It has the normal steep and narrow staircase of an Amsterdam Canal House, but your luggage is quickly carried upstairs to your room - and downstairs again on departure.
We had a canal view room and were not disappointed. Did not experience any noise at night, but our four night stay was not over a weekend. The free mini bar in the room is a bonus.
The included breakfast is individually prepared for you each morning including eggs, bacon, ham and continental as required. And very good coffee.
If you are coming from the airport, take advantage of their limo transfer service - fair pricing, clean car and driver provides a short tour of the city on the way to the hotel.
Owners Rachel and Pepjin are friendly and helpful and enjoy hosting you in their boutique hotel.
Very good all round value in an excellent location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Misc eatdrinksleep is a lovely little hideaway located on a wide canal, close to the picturesque Nieuwmarkt Square, in the heart of the historic city centre of Amsterdam. This modernized 17th-century canal house features just six personally styled rooms. Each is a unique mix of style, charm and practicality, and overlooks either the canal or a fetching Amsterdam secret garden. We offer exceptional hospitality for the cultural pilgrim, the hopeless romantic and weary business traveler alike. We hope that our unique canal house hotel becomes your home away from home in Amsterdam! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tingo, HotelsNL, BookingOdigeoWL and Hotels.com so you can book your misc eatdrinksleep reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Misc Eatdrinksleep Amsterdam
- Misc Eatdrinksleep Hotel Amsterdam