“MUCH MORE THAN USUAL” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #126 of 345 Hotels in Amsterdam
Xanthi, Greece
“MUCH MORE THAN USUAL”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed in Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam Arena Towers for a couple of nights this July, and we really enjoyed the spacious rooms provided. They were much bigger than the rooms from other Holiday Inn Express hotels across Europe. Also notice that the hotel is a part of a brand new building complex. Although it's a far away from central Amsterdam, you can reach the city's centre in a few minutes by metro (metro stops about 800m far from the hotel). Breakfast was better than average 3 star hotel's one. Everyone there was really helpful an prompt. We strongly recoment that hotel for anyone who is looking for a not central hotel. Note also that is biside Amsterdam Arena, where AJAX plays.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
HIEX_ArenaTowers, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - Arena Towers, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Antonis P,

Thank you for your kind words! Much appreciated especially by such an experienced traveler as yourself. The hotel has indeed recently been opened, just two months ago we welcomed our first guest. Great to read that you enjoyed our Continental Breakfast. Hope to welcome you back to our hotel, here in Amsterdam.

Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - Arena Towers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Overall this hotel is excellent value for money - it is roughly 45 minutes from the centre of Amsterdam travelling by metro- When we experienced the 'hordes' of tourists in Amsterdam we were absolutely delighted by the location of the hotel - the surrounding area was quiet with some very good restaurants nearby.
The Hotel staff were friendly, helpful and efficient. Breakfast excellent - good variety of cereals, meats, fresh bread and croissants etc.
But - OH my goodness - WHO DESIGNED the furnishings in the bedrooms??!! There are absolutely no drawers and no shelving or storage space for underwear etc and very little hanging space for clothes..
Overall however, I would recommend this hotel for business, weekends or short stays in Amsterdam.

Room Tip: Buy a daily "run about" travel ticket at the station as these cover trains, metro, trams a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear stronach01,

Thank you for visiting our hotel and tripadvisor.com to share the experiences you had during you recent. I am happy to read that you enjoyed our Continental Breakfast. As recommended by you most of our guests are indeed business travelers and guest visiting for weekends or short stays.

Espoo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I did not really feel welcome in the Holiday Inn Arena Towers when I visited them last month. I entered the receptions downstairs and the guy behind the desk first let me wait for him answering few calls before shooing me away to the Express hotel's reception "behind the corner".
I guess I first checked the real Holiday Inn and then accidentally booked to room from Express hotel side. I thought I had the access to the gym and I even brought my gym gear with my, but alas such a treat is not available in the Express side of the aisle. And neither is the breakfast what I thought it would be. It is basically only bread and butter. That's according to the Holiday Inn Express brand. Heck, to me the whole concept is utter failure: Holiday Inn is just one of the roadside strip mall motel brands with or without the Express in the name and having rude service does nor really help. To me it is all the same. And adding the cherry on the top: naturally I could not be awarded the IHG rewards points as I was stupid enough to book through booking.com. Paid dearly for two rooms and probably the same price that the Holiday Inn sans Express would have cost me, did not have the access to gym, not having a proper breakfast (Ever visited a hostel? Then you know what sort of breakfast it was) and not even granted the points from the stay. I do not know about you, but I have had it for the whole Holiday Inn with or without Express for a while. Well, have to say rooms were nice and if you plan to visit the Arena, that is practically next door.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
HIEX_ArenaTowers, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - Arena Towers, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Seppo h,

First of all I would like to thank you for the time you have taken to write this review. We are sorry to hear that you left Amsterdam with this impression of your hotel. Service and quality are the two keywords when it comes to the way we are being perceived by our guests.

I understand that you are disappointed that you could not use the gym of the connecting Holiday Inn. As Holiday Inn Express is a hotel offering select service a gym not included in the services offered. Please come by the reception during a next stay as we have some maps available offering routes to run in the direct surroundings of the hotel or we can show you how to get to a nearby gym.

We appreciate you being a IHG Rewards Club member and would like to thank you once more for your loyalty. Unfortunately we do not offer any points over bookings made through booking.com. Booking direct through igh.com promises to get you the best rate available on top of earning points.

Please feel free to contact me via info.amsea@hiex.nl should your require any assistance with future bookings or additional information.

Jill Bos
Front Office
zesite
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

There is a real lake of information on the web site that made me unhappy.
This is about "late" checkout that I was supposed to get: checkout was only extented from noon to 2pm, which is not what I call late checkout (6pm is a late checkout).
The other bas surprise was about city taxes: that was not clear that we would have to pay 5% extra at hte end of the stay. 5% here for service, 5% here for taxes, late checkout that is not late..

What I did not like neither:
- the curtain that leaves the light waking you early in the morning,
- no more soap in the shower (soap machine was removed),
- the low quality of the products for the breakfast
- the price (too hich for such an hotel) and the extra taxes

What I liked:
- clean and modern room

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
HIEX_ArenaTowers, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - Arena Towers, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear zesite,

First of all thanks for the review. I am sorry to read that the information provided through internet did not match your expectations.

Last night I have checked a few sites(e.g. booking.com, ihg.com and expedia.com) representing our hotel and all state that checkout is at noon. Upon availability it always is my pleasure offer our guests a late check-out free of charge. These same sides all mention the City Tax, a tax that we are obliged by law to charge over every night stayed in Amsterdam. As we have only opened recently it is very well possible that we overlooked some websites like the one checked by you. I would be grateful if you could let me know which side provided you with this information, you may contact me via info.amsea@hiex.nl.

I would like to apologize for the non-closing curtain as well as the missing soap. Please rest assure that this issues have been addressed and rectified. Holiday Inn Express offers FREE continental breakfast to all of its guests and the items provided are all carefully selected and served across the Dutch estate. I am sorry to read that the breakfast did not meet your expectations.

Thanks again for the feedback, allowing us both to grow and improve and I do look forward to hearing from you regarding your booking channel.

Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam – Arena Towers
Bratislava, Slovakia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

I had a very nice stay at this hotel in June 2014. You can get there by fast Train from Schiphol Airport for just 4 Euros one way it takes 15 minutes from airport to hotel and there are just few stops!

Holiday Inn Express seems to be brand new which is good. Hotel is in walking distance /approx. 5minutes walk/ from metro and train station called Biljmer Arena. It is fantastic that city center can be reached by metro in 15 minutes. Also congress center RAI is very close by metro.

Room was nice and very clean with daily houskeeping service of course. There was an aircondition and it is unable to open the window. Also if you are planning to stay longer and you take more clothes with you, there are only few shelves and no wardrobe inside the room.

Breakfast was served at the restaurant on 2nd floor. The variety was quite poor but ok for 3-star hotel. Quality of food was ok including some vegetables, orange juice and coffee.

Service at the front desk was awesome!

Very good value considering that it is 3 star hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear MariannMa,

First of all: Thanks for the nice words towards our team, they were very excited to read about your enthusiasm.

Holiday Inn Express as all about “Everything you need and nothing you do not need” we like to keep things Smart Simple & Spot on. This means that rooms are built rather efficiently with a great walk-in shower and nice beds. Our continental breakfast is served for FREE as is the WiFi.

We look forward to having you back!

Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam – Arena Towers
Bucharest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

At 5 minutes walking from the train station, new rooms and good service, this is a good option for short stays.
Taxi cost: 40 Euro from city center to the Hotel in the evening.
You can rent bikes and scooters at reception.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
HIEX_ArenaTowers, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - Arena Towers, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
Dear BogdanV,

I happy to read that you enjoyed your stay in our newly opened hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back and tell you more about some nice tours to take with one of our bikes.

Hotelmanger
Hoogeveen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

This is a new hotel that opened a week ago so all was perfect in that sense. Great location by Arena and Ziggo Dome for staying after events. Plenty of (paid) parking and nice breakfast buffet. Rooms are a bit small but well decorated and furnished. However, biggest disappointment was the bed. Not only small for 2 persons but very hard so very uncomfortable. Why does a new hotel not have very comfortable beds? Result a bad night rest and we will not stay there again unless they have softer beds.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - Arena Towers? Share your experiences!