“Great stay on a canal in Amsterdam” 5 of 5 stars
Review of PhilDutch Amsterdam Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
PhilDutch Amsterdam Bed and Breakfast
You added PhilDutch Amsterdam Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
3.0 of 5 Villa   |   Nicolaas Witsenkade t/o 17, 1017 ZS Amsterdam, The Netherlands (Stadsdeel Zuid)   |
Ranked #81 of 207 Specialty Lodging in Amsterdam
Soignies, Belgium
“Great stay on a canal in Amsterdam”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

I just returned home from a great stay at the PhilDutch Houseboat. We were a party of three so we rented the entire boat to ourselves. The boat has everything you could ever need. We were more than satisfied with the service and help we got from the owner. The boat is situated very close to the Heineken Experience as well as the city transit system. Downtown is just a 15-20 minutes walk or a quick tram/taxi ride if you're not up for the walk. It's too bad we didn't actually spend more time IN the houseboat as we were out in the city so much, but the ducks are always around looking for some bread.

Be aware. If you're planning to bring a vehicle with you and park it in the vicinity of the houseboat. Make sure that you have paid for parking as the Amsterdam parking authority are very eager to give out parking tickets. I'm talking about within five minutes of unloading my car I had a ticket. Not going to pay it, but annoying nevertheless.

Room Tip: There are two rooms. The larger one has the kitchenette, fridge and stove. The other is smaller an...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank Itislikethat

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

We were really looking foward to our stay here, however a week before our arrival I emailed to check our reservation and was informed that we were not booked to stay here at all. Unfortunately our reservation was 'lost' even after I provided all my details, including a credit card to secure the booking a month in advance.

We were offered the option to stay at a 'friends' B&B, however after such a dissapointment we opted to book somewhere else with an instaneous confirmation. Pays to always double-check your reservations.

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
10 Thank GeriNZ
PhilDutchHouseboat, Owner at PhilDutch Amsterdam Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 19, 2012
My PhilDutch Houseboat is perfect for your vacation, you can check the different videos in the internet to see the exact details of my PhilDutch Houseboat Bed and Breakfast. I suggest that you have to go directly to my own website to avoid any problem. Some of the booking agencies are not officially connected with us. Any double booking or cancellations can be happen even in a 5 star Hotels. Again E-mail me directly or visit my phildutch website to avoid any problem in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I stayed here with a friend for a few days in October. It was pretty easy to get to and from the train station by using the trams. Just get off as soon as you see the heineken brewery and walk down the road across the canal from the brewery and its a few minutes walk.

We has the larger half of the houseboat which had 2 twin beds, a kitchen area with a table where you can sit and wave at the tour boats going by on the canal. There is also an outside terrace that was nice to sit out on and feed the ducks. There is a shared large washroom but no one was in the other smaller side of the houseboat so we didnt have to share.

Everything was great during our stay and the owner was very pleasant and gave us a map and highlighted areas of interest for us which was greatly appreciated! We would definitely stay here again and for hopefully longer next time!

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Canuckser
Taguig, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

The owner Efren is the epitome of the renowned Flipino hospitality. Upon arrival, without us asking, he immediately volunteered to be our photographer, posing us outside his very interesting houseboat and taking our photos with our cam and his. Turned out he made a short video clip of our photos and sent it to us thru email to commemorate our stay with him. He was very helpful with the sights to see and provided a free map and other brochures. His pushing us to visit Keukenhof which opens just a few wks in a yr is A+!

His houseboat is centrally located close to many sights. Public transport is just a few steps away, very very convenient. We especially enjoyed this once in a lifetime experience to stay in a houseboat. He even provided us bread to feed the ducks that would visit outside our window, we especially enjoyed this.

We stayed in a smaller room sharing a huuuuuge hotel-like bathroom with the renter of the bigger room. We were able to have a peek in the big room and it's equipped with a kitchen and a balcony to enjoy the sun, water and ducks. The only unusual thing we noticed was the somewhat louder-than-usual noise of the water being flushed away whenever someone uses the toilet, this is probably normal if your house is perched on top of the water. This didn't dampen our stay at all and we give Phildutch 5 stars for it's price, experience and hospitality!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

Efren did a great job making sure we felt at home in his houseboat. He offered us a discount and we paid 100 Euros cash for our night. We got a full kitchen, very nice bathroom, computer access plus wifi for our phones. Feeding the swans was so fun! Efran provided us with a whole loaf to feed them. Great location too!

con: the bed wasn't very comfortable. It was a thin mattress and a bit too hard.

Otherwise a great stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Muscat, Oman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

I had a wonderful stay in this houseboat. The rooms are cozy and the toilet's very clean. I mostly enjoyed feeding the swans from outside the window each morning. Its location is situated near most of the tourist spots which is very convenient. From the moment I arrived Amsterdam until my last day, Efren, my host, delivered quality service. He not only suggested places to see but offered to take me there, and took most photos of myself. Amsterdam is a very nice place and staying in this houseboat made my trip more memorable. I'd definitely stay here again on my next visit.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank Mei_Muscat
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2010

I have just returned from Amsterdam where I spent 2 nights on this houseboat with my boyfriend. We said we would leave a review on here because we had such a lovely experience. The houseboat is so warm and comforting, like a floating home from home! Our room was tastefully furnished and well equipped. The boat is in a great location, a 15 minute stroll from Dam square and right opposite the Heineken museum. Tram stops are really easy to find here too and you can get to any part of the city this way with no problem. It was great being able to feed the ducks through our bedroom window and wave to other tourists as they passed by on their canal cruises :) If you're looking for something slightly different to your usual city centre hotel, this is perfect. We hope to come back soon as we both loved Amsterdam, and will be staying here again when we do.
Nikki and Andy